Just Started March 5th.

Options
I just started March 5th I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I havent lost my pregnancy weight that i gained so I hope i can do it! im down 6lbs so far. and feel better. I miss being a size 3
Current 190
Goal 1 : 180
Goal 2 : 170
Goal 3 : 160
Hoping to get to 150 by july 21st for sisters wedding so i can wear a dress and feel good!
Goal 4 : 150
Goal 5 : 140
Goal 6 : 130
GOAL WEIGHT 120

Replies

• ddss37
    ddss37 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Stephanie,

Congrats of the weight loss and your wonderful family and good luck to you on your journey - you and I are aiming for the same weight goals. I started at around 205 - now, 194. Heading for 125-130.

FYI - the July 21st goal of 40 pounds lost might be tough. Approximately 10 pounds a month is difficult and potentially unhealthy. You will lose faster at your higher weight - then, things will slow down.

If your goal is to look better in a dress - are you doing any exercises like cardio, strength training, circuit training, etc.? Even if you do not reach the 150 goal - with exercise - you can look alot slimmer because of the muscle toning and building. Look at Cathe.com, Beachbody.com, The Firm, T-Tapp, Leslie Sansone, etc. to see what might suit your style and strength...

I have given myself until March/April 2011 to lose the weight - that way it becomes about a lifestyle change not weight loss so much.

Nice to talk with you -

Blessings,
    Donna
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You can do it. I'm 43 years old and have been trying to lose the same 20 plus pounds for about 6 years. MFP helped me so much. I'm now 129 pounds and training for my first 5 k ever. I am shooting for 125 but I wouldn't mind staying the same if my body looks small and tight. I'm determined to wear that size 6 for the first time since I graduated from high school.
  • AdrienneLich
    Options
    I know you can do this! I also have a goal weight of 120, which is what I weighed before having children. I'm currently 174, and hope to get to 150 by my birthday (May 18th). If you need a buddy, I'm here!!!
  • stephaniemarie8
    Options
    Thank you.
  • AdrienneLich
    Options
    You're very welcome :)