Need Some Advice

Options
I've been using MFP and the MFP app on my phone for months now. I had lost 20 pounds but then we changed my medication and i have since gained it back. Because of the side affect of my medication making me hunger all the time its hard not to eat. I have since begun to watch what i eat again but i can not exercise due to a bad wrist and i cant run due to bad lungs...im limited to walking and sit ups...which haven't done anything...exercise is pretty much out of the question and the only way i will be able to lose weight is walking and watching what i eat. Does anyone have an idea of how to lose weight with minimal exercise? My goal is to be 120 again which is where i was at before i was put on my medication.

Replies

• sassy_sparkles
    Options
    Hi Amy! I know full well what it's like to change meds and have a halt in weight loss. It's so discouraging.

As far as food goes, be sure to eat a balanced diet with lots of produce, lean meats, and whole grain carbs. Drink lots of water and consume enough calories each day so your body doesn't freak out and go into starvation mode. Follow the calorie guides on MFP or consult with a nutritionist or physician. Remember that slow and steady wins the weight loss race. Studies show time and again that to lose weight and keep it off long term, it's best to only lose 1-2 pounds a week. That means it could take 4-5 months get back to your ideal weight of 120. It will take time and patience. You can do this!

Exercise is always the best addition to a healthy, balanced diet to accelerate weight loss. Pills and whatever other kind of fad won't work long term. I don't know what kind of climate you live in, but biking might work well for you. You can go as fast or slow as your lungs need to go and you don't need to do much with that wrist. If you are a gym member, a recumbent bike might just become your new best friend. It's easy on the joints and involves zero upper body work. You can change the resistance to make it less strenuous for your lungs. Pilates or yoga could also be great for you. It's low impact and you can go at your own pace and ability. You can find DVDs for pretty cheap at Target, Walmart, or other stores. Your local library probably has some DVDs that you could take out for free for a few days as well.

Hope this helps. Keep at it. Your body will adjust to the meds, and you'll reach your ideal weight again. It will take some hard work and discipline, but you'll get there! :-)