Ideas for eating well while out of town?

Options
When I go out of town for work, I have to eat every meal at restaurants except for breakfast, which is a buffet at the hotel. There aren't kitchenettes in the hotels I stay in. I am a little nervous about being out of town for a week and maintaining my healthy and weight loss goals. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The internet is your friend - research the nutrition info on the websites of the restaurants you'll be eating at BEFORE you go as much as possible. If you can take a couple extra pieces of fruit from the morning buffet for an afternoon snack then do it. Think lean meats, veggies w/out sauces, baked vs fried, etc. If your hotel has a gym then use it!
  • sallystarrfield
    sallystarrfield Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great advice. Thanks. Way to go on 27 lbs lost! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I say work out everyday at the hotel..and don't eat back all the calories...because restaurant calorie listings are off. I think they're legally able to be off by 20%. So..order grilled chicken and seafood..eat salads..and you're exercise calories will cover any hidden fat and sugar in the meals.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    To me....Eating at restaurants is always "eating well". :smile: It's just hard to fit it into my daily caloric allowances.

I've heard that you can always eat "off menu", by asking for grilled chicken, plain salad, and some kind of fruit, (if you don't see anything that looks like it will fit your "needs". ) Many restaurants have "lite" options, or sections on their menus for those watching calories.