Is there an app to track total miles run?

Options
You know, so I can start it when I start using a new pair of shoes and log how many miles I run on the pair? Sort of a no brainer so I don't have to keep track of the miles myself
thanks!

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    There are several. I have walktrackerpro on my phone that tracks runs, bike rides and walks. There is another ap called runkeeper
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    There are apps for iPhone and Android that use the phone's GPS to track distance...sort of like the trip meter on a car. Runtastic and Endomondo are both pretty good (although I'd give the edge to Endomondo as far as GPS accuracy goes). HTH :smile:
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thanks! I'll check them out.
  • sujithgopi
    Options
    Try Accupedo for Android. It tracks the number of steps, distance, and time. It is very accurate. You will have to measure the step distance and set it so that the distance remain fairly accurate.
  • cheerchicksie
    cheerchicksie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i use RunKeeper. it has GPS, mile logger, etc. it works really well!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There are apps for iPhone and Android that use the phone's GPS to track distance...sort of like the trip meter on a car. Runtastic and Endomondo are both pretty good (although I'd give the edge to Endomondo as far as GPS accuracy goes). HTH :smile:
    I actually downloaded Runtastic but have not used it yet since I'm still going through RunDouble's zero to 10K. Will Runtastic (or Endomondo) keep track of total miles over time, like until I reset it?
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper as well and really like it!
  • robinlynn1219
    robinlynn1219 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Run -- it does the same as what everyone else has mentioned. It's free!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I actually downloaded Runtastic but have not used it yet since I'm still going through RunDouble's zero to 10K. Will Runtastic (or Endomondo) keep track of total miles over time, like until I reset it?

Endomondo tell's me how many km's I've walked to date. I don't know if I can 'reset' it though.
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Try strava . . . it's by far the best app I've used (and on your profile it will show how many runs, how many miles, and total time of the all the runs you've logged, which is what you said you are looking for). I've tried several apps and none have worked as well as this one. And it's free!! Good luck!
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    endomondo works great..for running biking , you name it..syncs with mfp as well
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Starbreezeunicorn
    Starbreezeunicorn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic is connects to your myfitness pal. It works great .
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    nike+running, its a newer one that doesn't require the nike+chip
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    +1 for Endomondo. It's a very good and extensive app that can sync up with MFP. Love that when I go for a walk, hike, bike, etc... it automatically adds in my calories burned to MFP.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I use RUNKEEPER. It's a free app, and I love it.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper. They have a paid version, but the free suits me just fine.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I like Zombies, Run!
    It plays alittle game with your music... It tracks how far you run
  • pamays
    pamays Posts: 20
    Options
    My vote is Strava for the Iphone... :smile:
  • jivegirl100
    jivegirl100 Posts: 4 Member
    Options