Lonely-in need of support

Options
2»

Replies

• terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Don't talk to your family about this if they cant be supportive. This is your journey. It takes 21 days to form a new habit so hang in there. You can friend me. I can be very supportive and motivating. I am 65 yrs old and have tried every sensible and crazy thing out there. I have finally fond the thing that really works. Drink lots of fluids mainly water and have lots of fiber along with 70-100g of protein. They will keep you fuller longer and snacking free.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know the eye roll all too well myself!

BUT you can prove them wrong and say 'Be Still The Rolling Eyes"... a great group of folks helping a great group of folks... feel free to add me, and drive on!
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, for me-- recognizing when I'm eating just because I'm bored has been the first step... and you've made that first step too! :)

33678285.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me the more support the better
  • scarywordlikediet
    scarywordlikediet Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Added...I am new to this and would love all the friends and support I can get as well.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    feel free to add me... i know how family can be.....:)
  • virginiadavis9803
    virginiadavis9803 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • virginiadavis9803
    Options
    Your right, I do need to be more positive. As far as what I wrote for my profile, I just wanted to be completely honest. So far when I have tried that has been true. But now that I have found this site, I'm thinking that siad profile will become a thing of the past. :smile:
  • Kristamc20
    Options
    Stay with it! It is totally normal to have good weeks and bad weeks, especially when you make this a lifestyle change.
    Acknowledge that maybe this week is hard, but try to push through. It will get easier and even if your family may not support you yet, you have support at MFP. They will come around and we got your back in the meantime!
  • virginiadavis9803
    Options
    Congratulations. You all have me crying. In a good way, the support is amazing and I feel truly blessed that I stumbled on this site.
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry I drink water. Lots of water and the hunger goes away.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I can't say anything that hasn't already been said or that you now don't already know. But damn it, I'm gonna try! ; )

We all struggle.
    We all have our demons.
    We will all falter.
    But in the end we will all SUCCEED!!

And we want you right there with us when we do.

Anyone can feel free to add me!

33157254.png
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    good for you starting this journey to better yourself.

i know mindless/bored eating very well. i have learned to make sure you are getting lots of protien throughout the day, then when a craving strickes drink a bunch of water and wait it out.
    also if there is a day that you go over your calories - don't stress over it, don't let it discourage you, we all struggle once in a while, just get back on track the next day. -- it does get easier, and once you start seeing the results either on the scale or your clothes start fitting better you will get more and more motivation to continue

you can add me as a friend if you want.
  • kxxooo
    kxxooo Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hey , you are doing it! Good for you. Feel free to add me too! K
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are off to a great start.

My advice is that you read everything here and find what works best for you. (eg, 2 large meals a day or 6 small ones. Run in the morning or lift weights in the evening, cheat meals or not, Breakfast or no breakfast .....etc)

Do what works for you! It took my a while to find what works for me ( weekly calorie goal instead of a daily goal

Feel free to add me.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I can't say anything that hasn't already been said or that you now don't already know. But damn it, I'm gonna try! ; )

We all struggle.
    We all have our demons.
    We will all falter.
    But in the end we will all SUCCEED!!

And we want you right there with us when we do.
    :drinker: ^^^^This!!!!!

Anyone can feel free to add me!

33157254.png
  • melissakatemey81
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too and come from an overweight family. I've seen my dad struggle with his weight my entire life, he's now almost 60 and struggles with diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems. He's never managed to lose weight.
    I've put on weight in the past 4 years or so and I'm getting married in August so I want to lose 33lbs.
    I'll send you a request :)
    We can motivate each other :)