VERY upset!

BrenNew
BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I just learned this morning that my VERY favorite Edy's Slow Churned, no sugar added Cookie Dough ice-cream has been discontinued! :cry: That stuff was sooooooo awesome! :love: I'm an ice-cream "addict", and I couldn't tell the difference between that and the "real" (fattening as hell!) kind! I sent a ***** letter to the company, but, of course, I know it won't help bring the stuff back! :sad: :cry:

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Oh so sad!! That's such a good line! Maybe something else will take its place one day...
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    LOL! Think of it as a God-send! ALL ice cream, even fat free and/or sugar free is not good for you. When you think of food as fuel for your body, it will change your mind about things you eat. I know it's not the same, but if you must have something like this once in awhile, opt for fudge bars. Same consistency, fewer calories, and usually no or low fat. Just an idea! I know you're gonna yell at me for this reply. LOL!!
  • I know how you feel! I was OBSESSED with the mint ice cream from the 'Count On Us' range in Marks & Spencer and was absolutely gutted when they stopped stocking it! It was the best ice cream EVER! (apart from Murphy's ice cream which is superior to all)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Just an idea..

You could try making your own? Ice cream's not too hard to make, and if you make it yourself it's pretty much going to be a cup of milk, some sweetener, and whatever else you decide to add, so on top of getting a full serving of milk, you can control the calories pretty well too :flowerforyou:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Man....I would be bummed too!!!! It stinks when you find a low cal treat that helps you stay on track and then it goes away. I am a fan of their vanilla bean ice cream. I would be pretty sad if it goes away too.
  • BrenNew
    Just an idea..

You could try making your own? Ice cream's not too hard to make, and if you make it yourself it's pretty much going to be a cup of milk, some sweetener, and whatever else you decide to add, so on top of getting a full serving of milk, you can control the calories pretty well too :flowerforyou:

:laugh: If you knew just how much I HATE doing ANYTHING in the kitchen, you wouldn't have offered that suggestion. :laugh:
    I once tried to make "real" mac and cheese for dinner. My son said I should stick to Kraft, and when he wants homemade, he'd ask his grandma to make it! :laugh:
    Thanks though for the suggestion! :smile: I wouldn't have a clue how to even go about making icecream. :noway:
  • BrenNew
    I know how you feel! I was OBSESSED with the mint ice cream from the 'Count On Us' range in Marks & Spencer and was absolutely gutted when they stopped stocking it! It was the best ice cream EVER! (apart from Murphy's ice cream which is superior to all)

It really DOES suck to lose something that you love, huh?!!! :grumble: :sad: I guess all I can hope for is that they'll come up with another good flavor. :frown:
  • BrenNew
    LOL! Think of it as a God-send! ALL ice cream, even fat free and/or sugar free is not good for you. When you think of food as fuel for your body, it will change your mind about things you eat. I know it's not the same, but if you must have something like this once in awhile, opt for fudge bars. Same consistency, fewer calories, and usually no or low fat. Just an idea! I know you're gonna yell at me for this reply. LOL!!

Well today I bought the Skinny Cow peanut butter chocolate sandwiches. BUT, they're NOT NEARLY as good as my cookie dough was! :sad:
    Hopefully Edy's (or a competitor!) will come up with another kind that I really like. I'm crazy about vanilla icecream with "stuff" in it, like nuts, peanut butter cups, cookie dough, and chocolate chips.:love: )
  • BrenNew
    Oh so sad!! That's such a good line! Maybe something else will take its place one day...

Thanks for "feeling my pain!" :wink: I can only HOPE that they WILL come up with something just as great to take it's place! :grumble:
  • BrenNew
    Man....I would be bummed too!!!! It stinks when you find a low cal treat that helps you stay on track and then it goes away. I am a fan of their vanilla bean ice cream. I would be pretty sad if it goes away too.

It really DOES stink, doesn't it?! :mad: I still sometimes can't believe that I lost sooo much weight and yet, ate icecream almost every night! :bigsmile: I "need" my icecream to help keep me happy, and right now, I'm NOT happy! :sad: :cry:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Well today I bought the Skinny Cow peanut butter chocolate sandwiches. BUT, they're NOT NEARLY as good as my cookie dough was! :sad:
    Hopefully Edy's (or a competitor!) will come up with another kind that I really like. I'm crazy about vanilla icecream with "stuff" in it, like nuts, peanut butter cups, cookie dough, and chocolate chips.:love: )

Just a thought, even though you are "culinarily challenged" by your own admission, how about getting some equivalent vanilla, or other flavor you might want to try, and add your own "stuff" I know you can buy refrigerator cookie dough, for example, and a little bit of that with some nuts; or a little peanut butter and some chocolate chips added in could give you something close that would still allow you to control calories.

Although a steady diet of ice cream is not good for you. I can't agree with the statement that ALL of it is "not good for you"--mental health is an important part of being healthy and KEEPING on track for weightloss, and MAINTAINING the loss.:smile:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    My father in law always says, "There's no such thing as bad ice cream. There's ice cream and there is more ice cream".:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.