14's too big????

Options
tlapdx72
tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
So I have been noticing that my size 14"s are starting to feel way too big. However, I am so nervous about going into a "normal" size clothing store to see if I might possibly fit into a smaller size:) But this kind of problem I think I can deal with. I can't believe I have come this far. I started out in a size 20:drinker:

Replies

• bsparks81
    bsparks81 Posts: 29
    Options
    That's exciting! Congrats! What a great "problem" to have. :happy:
  • medtrans79
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That must be an amazing feeling. I am starting out here at a 22/24. That is great motivation for me.
  • DEBDOUGLAS
    Options
    congrats!!!! I am just now getting into a 14!!! Will be glad when i can say that.
  • DEBDOUGLAS
    Options
    p.s I started out at 18/20 also
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! I remember those days! I had jeans in every size from 12-22. I just gave everything 14 and up to Goodwill! My 12s are getting loose and I have some 10s I am just itching to get into, but can't wear comfortably yet!

We'll get there!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of size 14 gap jeans from way back in the day when they didn't put ANY lycra in jeans! I keep trying them on and I know one day they will button!

Way to go on getting past the button and on to the baggy!!! Keep up the great work!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Sounds like you need to start rockin the twelves. :glasses:

Way to go!
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, I can't wait til I am a 14!
  • khillman77
    Options
    what a great problem to have!!!
  • earthmamma1
    Options
    Congrats. Go somewhere with high quality clothes. If the first 12s don't fit try a different style. Have fun.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    GOOD GOING! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! I remember those days! I had jeans in every size from 12-22. I just gave everything 14 and up to Goodwill! My 12s are getting loose and I have some 10s I am just itching to get into, but can't wear comfortably yet!

We'll get there!!!

i'm in the same boat. not 12 anymore but not yet a 10. haha its a good thing though.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!:drinker: I'm also noticing my jeans are getting loose! Such a great feeling!!!:happy:
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :happy: Keep on keeping on! I too started at a 22/24 and now down almost to an 18. some fit and some dont. it depends on the store I bought them at. But we just keep working at it and slowly it happens. Thank you for being a leader and letting us feel good from your success!
  • vintagemeg
    vintagemeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your doing great! Keep doing what your doing!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: It's SUCH an awesome feeling, isn't it?!!! :bigsmile:
    Keep up the great job you're doing! :drinker: :smile:
  • ddrake83
    ddrake83 Posts: 4
    Options
    So I have been noticing that my size 14"s are starting to feel way too big. However, I am so nervous about going into a "normal" size clothing store to see if I might possibly fit into a smaller size:) But this kind of problem I think I can deal with. I can't believe I have come this far. I started out in a size 20:drinker:

Congrats!!! Just remember each style and even color in each style fits differently and they may be called a particular size in one style and a different size in a different style...just have fun and find the style that fits regardless of what the size is. Way to go!!!
  • HEasom
    HEasom Posts: 16
    Options
    This happened to me today, i hadn't realised how much i had lost. Today i went clothes shopping and as a test i thought only try size 12's on and the first topshop fitted dress i found fitted me perfectly in a 12. this hasnt happened for years. I am still smiling now. I cant wait to go down one more size :) Im going to buy the dress on friday. I continued to only try on 12's all day even a coat which fitted me too. My confidence is sky high today. even a friend of my partners said - 'I think your girlfriend needs feeding up she's half the size she was'. its starting to sink in that i am changing. and it is brilliant.

everyone keep at it. committing to this change has been the best thing i have ever done.

good luck xx
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started at a size 22. Can;t wait till I can just fit in a 14. Haven't been close to that for 20 years! Would love to try on some straight sizes someday and buy a t-shirt off any rack without looking for the plus size sign.Someday soon ,:bigsmile: someday soon..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!