I Feel Like I'm Not Getting Anywhere (NEED TO VENT)

Options
2»

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    But I feel like I'm missing out on an easy way to get rid of the belly fat, you know? I just want it to be easier

Being fat is hard.
    Losing weight is hard.
    Keeping weight off is hard.

Choose your hard.

Seriously - you're young and it's normal to be impatient, but you need to change your attitude about this. It's taken me over a year to lose 46lbs, but it was worth it. And I'm not even done yet. I can tell you though that it was more meaningful when I just "enjoyed the ride" and put in the work than it was any time that I did a crash diet or tried a special "fat blasting" workout.

Keep going and you'll get there.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    TWO WEEKS? Patience my love !!!!

Shows like the Biggest Loser, while good in some aspects, are bad because they make people feel like a failure if they can't drop tons of weight really quickly. It takes time. You didn't put the weight on overnight, and it won't come off overnight. Plus, if you don't take the time to overhaul your lifestyle, then you'll just gain it back anyway. I've been on this particular journey for almost a year and I've only lost 17lbs. I've lost more inches though. Are you measuring? You'll probably see changes there before you will see much on the scale.
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do have some similar issues w timing and impatience. I had done nutrisystem for like two months and lost a little more than 10 lbs. then I stopped that and dealt with IBS issues and had to eliminate foods that were making me sick. Around this time, I began student teaching and went on a very regimented, routine eating cycle and lost another 7lbs. The studen teaching was for 4 months and now that's over. So we're talking about 17-20 lbs in 6 months.

That's a really good weight loss rate for a woman!

I have occasionally lost 6 pounds in a month, but in general, I found that it was almost impossible to sustain a weight loss of more than about 3 pounds a month. If you're a woman, I think even a pound a week is pretty hard to manage. So if you're losing 2-4 pounds a month, you're doing great!