This isn't working...

Options
I'm in a slump.. I feel like i'm giving up. Me and a friend were going to the gym stron for 2 week and then I had to slow it down because of work and then I got sick. Now my friend invited me to go tomorrow and I just lost the will to go.. I dont really feel like it..
Ughhh I need some motivationg =/

Replies

• Antheajw
    Antheajw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I get demotivated like that (and it happens allllll the time for me) I just say oh i will go just for 10 mins, then normally by the time 10 mins is up I'm well into it and will go for ages longer :)
    I trick myself into going lol
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i would love to offer my friendship to help motivate you again! together i think you can do it. i will send s friend request.
  • angelizer
    Options
    getting there is the hardest part, you just have to drag yourself to gym you may feel like your realy dont want to go but you will feel so much better for it afterwards.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Sometimes you don't feel better -but I love when it says how many calories I burned & people give me such good comments-that's what I like best-& of course I like to see the xtra calories MFP gives me, even if I don't eat them-
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    as you say

"Time to get real"

Real is doing it anyway
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    When I get demotivated like that (and it happens allllll the time for me) I just say oh i will go just for 10 mins, then normally by the time 10 mins is up I'm well into it and will go for ages longer :)
    I trick myself into going lol

I do this also, I was massive busy today trying to get some deadline work done and supposed to do a 20 minute intense kettlebell workout, so I went and boiled water for a coffee and started a 5 minute workout, that became 10, then 20 and I lost track and ended up doing 30 minutes
  • DocVicious
    Options
    You can do it! Don't let yourself feel defeated by anything. I treat everything like a game and you can win! When I don't feel like going to the gym, I just think about how much better I'm going to feel when I'm done. Sometimes I physically feel more tired at the end but mentally, I am supercharged. You just have to keep a positive attitude no matter what the scale says. When things don't seem like they are progressing, just ask yourself, what can I do better? and do it! Don't spend too long second guessing because you're just going to sell yourself short. Never never never think "this isn't going to work no matter how hard I try." Because that just isn't true. You show up, you do your best and that alone is something to be proud of. You devoted time for you to better yourself, to be healthy. Rock it girl! You got this.
  • melissakatemey81
    Options
    I know how you feel!!! I went through the same thing last year, joined the gym and went for 3 months solidly - then I got sick and never got back into it. I started going again last week Monday so I'm also looking to try stay motivated...

I keep thinkig to myself that if I'd just stuck it out last year I'd more than likely be at my goal weight now and not having to stress about loosing 33lbs before the end of August... I'm getting married.

Good luck :)