help me!

Options
nothing i and doing is working i feel like i have been working at this for so long and i dont know what i am doing that isnt workng! i need some help if anyone has any advice please give it up cause im starting to lose it!

i always eat under my calories
i excersise every day ( not always lot but some)
i stay away from junk, fat, sugar, salt

im so stress someone please help me!

Replies

• mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    Well depending on a few factors. Are you healthy? Have you had blood work? If you have any health problems that could be effecting you but first i'd address... how many cals you eat? How much movement you do? (calories burned) And then... do you drink lots of water. At least... 8-12. I find that if you still have soda or anything else and not enough water it's not going to be very helpful lol.
    Sometimes people just take longer to lose weight :/
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    nothing i and doing is working i feel like i have been working at this for so long and i dont know what i am doing that isnt workng! i need some help if anyone has any advice please give it up cause im starting to lose it!

i always eat under my calories
    i excersise every day ( not always lot but some)
    i stay away from junk, fat, sugar, salt

im so stress someone please help me!

Are you being super honest about EVERY mouthful you eat? I remember when I first started I wasn't counting the cream in my sugar free hot chocolate, or a few of my hubby's chips when I packed his lunch, stuff like that. Every single thing really does add up! Are you drinking PLENTY of water? That really helps too.
    Maybe, since you're exercising, you're not eating ENOUGH calories, since you say you're staying UNDER your numbers.
    As you can see from so many of the profiles here, MFP really DOES work. So stick with it, and hopefully, SOON, it'll work for you too! :wink: :smile:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    your profile says u have lost 4 lbs girl! doing good.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    i think u r off to a slow start is all.:wink::wink: :wink: :wink:

it has taken me years!::indifferent: :indifferent:
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    You say that you are eating under your calories. Well how much under are you eating. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around this one but you have to eat to lose weight. If you eat too much under your calories and then work out on top of it, you are putting your body in starvation mode and it takes everything you eat and stores it directly to fat. Have you done the BMR to see just how much you need to eat? My BMR for my height and weight says I need to eat 1464 calories not the typical 1200 that the average woman needs. You really need to eat that amount if you want to see results. I hope this helps.
  • cheermom614
    Options
    Don't just go by pounds, make sure you are taking your measurements too. For two months, I made sure to only eat my daily calories, worked out 6 days a week and didn't see any changes. Then I took my measurements and had lost two inches off my waist!

While you don't have to eat the calories that you burn each day make sure you are eating all the rest. If you eat too few calories it's not good for you either.

Just keep at it, you'll see change soon!
  • BethTucker
    Options
    In addition to what everyone else wrote: Stress can actually prevent you from losing weight. Maybe try some sort of relaxation exercise like yoga or meditation. But if you are gaining muscle and losing fat then you won't see too much of a change in the weight on your scale because muscle weighs more than fat.

Hope this helps because it can be most frustrating for sure!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    maybe you need to eat all your calories. if you go under only go under by 50 or less. How long has this been going on?
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I find that what worked the best for me was varying the calories in the week. 1200 a couple of days, 1500 a few days, 1 day of 1700. If I stay at just one calorie level my weight loss stopped. Good luck in this difficult but obtainable journey
  • healthbug
    healthbug Posts: 21
    Options
    If you are truly eating under your calories and exercising for the suggested amount of time every day and you're seeing no results, you may want to contact your doctor. I was just reading Natural Solutions magazine and they suggest that there are millions of Americans who have undiagnosed thyroid disease which can affect things like your weight and energy level.
  • fauxdetresse
    Options
    make sure AT THE LEAST you're eating 1200 net calories a day. if exercise takes you down to 900, eat 300 more.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said :)

For what it's worth - I had to eat MORE to lose weight. I dieted a couple months before coming on here and reading the message boards. I had been eating 1200 or less per day - often much less. It was weird eating all 1200 calories every day but when I did that for what ever reason I started losing weight.

Work outs - I have found that by REALLY MAKING A HUGE EFFORT and getting gross and dripping wet, I'm not only losing inches, but I'm feeling much better! BUT working out has added pounds so my weight loss isn't where I want it. None the less I'm healthier and that is the ultimate goal!

I'm having to buckle down and go back to the basics after a fluffy couple of weeks. When I follow the rules and eat enough (but not too much) calories this works great.

Remember that if you're VERY overweight 2 lbs a week is GREAT! If you're just a little over weight 2 lbs a week is pretty unrealistic. Make sure your goals are honest and you're giving yourself plenty of time to meet them!