How do you ...

mmrose00
mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Manage your calories on the day's you do not work out? Throughout the past few weeks I have incorporated different types of exercises, which include the Shred, Running/Walking and Zumba, on most days I do at least 2 of the exercises mentioned, which means I have tons of exercise calories daily.. i.e 500 - 900+ exercise cals. Today, I decided to give my body a break from all of the exercises BUT I am starving!!! My body is used to eating more then the allotted calories daily because of the exercise calories..Yesterday I ran out of calories before dinner, and was forced to get in some exercise to be able to eat dinner :grumble: ..

I understand the reasoning behind eating your exercise calories and in most cases I usually eat 50-70% of them. But on days like today when I just want to chill out, I feel like I could potentially run out of cal's for the day.

How would you manage this situation??

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    I don't count my extra calories at the moment, I am struggling to get to my 1200 as it is, but on the day I did go over I did some extra exercise to balance it.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    On the days that I know I am not going to exercise I go for low calorie more filling foods like fish, veggies, soups, salads, etc. I also drink LOTS of water. If my stomach is full of water I am not as apt to go looking for something to eat.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    You have been very active. The world will not come to an end if you go over by 200 calories or so on a day that you don't exercise. In fact, it is probably a good idea to keep your body guessing so your metabolism will continue to operate as efficiently as it can.
  • Capucine7
    Capucine7 Posts: 40
    You have been very active. The world will not come to an end if you go over by 200 calories or so on a day that you don't exercise. In fact, it is probably a good idea to keep your body guessing so your metabolism will continue to operate as efficiently as it can.

I agree. 200-300 cals once a week will not do any damage.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Thanks for the advise everyone!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    sugarfree jello, special K protien water, lots of vegetables, you also might want to do something to take your mind off of eating, and you could just go for a walk, it lets your body rest from your normal workout while still getting some ativity.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    I occasionally (2 times/week) go over my calorie goal, but I am still making my weight loss goal of a pound a week so I'm not worried about it. Your body needs flexibility so it doesn't get used to the same food or exercise routine. I try to be a little under my goal the day after I go over.
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Wow, today i felt like I needed to get some zumba in to gain some extra points but as someone said earlier it won't kill us to go over a couple calories...and maybe eat light meals...it's hard though!

But were doing well in the long run!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I agree! Eat if you're hungry! This is your body telling you to eat, not you being bored or whatever. And calorie cycling is good, keeps your body guessing! Good for you with all the great exercise!
  • I occasionally (2 times/week) go over my calorie goal, but I am still making my weight loss goal of a pound a week so I'm not worried about it. Your body needs flexibility so it doesn't get used to the same food or exercise routine. I try to be a little under my goal the day after I go over.
    I am exactly the same!!! I go over by 100-200 cals. on average once a week because I take a day off from exercise and am too hungry to only eat 1200 cals. I eat very healthy but it's still often times not enough. I am still consistently losing 1-2 lbs. per week so I think it's just fine!
This discussion has been closed.