Chest strap alternatives?

Options
SuMcP
SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
I've been using (and loving) a Polar FT4 with a chest strap for monitoring my calorie burns, however it has become less and less reliable as it ages.

Although I have ordered a new strap, I was wondering about the alternatives to chest strap models as (still) having quite considerable "moving parts" in that area means that the strap can lose contact with my body and thus the signal to the monitor.

Have any of you compared different HRM types? If so, what are you favourites?

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Wear the strap with the monitor behind you to one side of your spine. It will still pick up a signal from there.
  • SuMcP
    Options
    Aha! How cunning! thank you :flowerforyou:
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has a sports bra that you clip the sensor straight onto. Unfortunately it is pretty expensive and only for medium impact exercise :(
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking care of it like it says?

IE washing it in a machine with soap only and making sure the batteries are good? It should last a while with proper care.

Also, make sure that it is tight enough and it shouldn't slip around that way.
  • SuMcP
    Options
    Thanks all!

Yes I do take care of it, but it gets a lot of use....I think the strap is just worn out, but when I get the new one, I'll wear the sensor at the back as suggested; less likely to get moved by bras, boobs etc!