My 2013 Weight Loss Guideline \ Plan

Options
So 2012 was a great start for me. I lost 20 lbs the first 4 months! Then I started another almost full time job. This left me with no energy to want to work out, cook more meals, etc. I ended up gaining 15 lbs back! :sad:

This year my husband helped me with a diet and work out plan. :heart: Looking forward to starting a family(!) by making this mom-wanna-be healthy and fit first :happy:

1a. Made a chart:

IMG4098_zpsbd870763-1_zps9159bac1.jpg
(Taken on the day it was made 1/10/13)

With the following rules if hard to read:
1. No sweeteners
2. No fake fats
3. No skipping days (Work out every day 20 mins min)
4. Sex is not a work out.... LOL his words
5. No bought lunches
(We figured I'm spending about $75-100 a week between breakfast and lunches for both jobs)
Sweat it out!
(Work outs only count if I sweat)

2a. Calendar marked with my desired weight on my goal dates. Each work out is marked down on my calendar. I also mark down my actual weight on my goal dates.

3a. MOTIVATION!
My husband cleaned out an empty bottle and said that for every time I make or pass my desired goal weight he will put $10 in the bottle.
If I fail to make my desired weight goal on my goal date I will owe my husband $10.

My first 9 days I lost 3 lbs!!!

I'm currently not counting my calories :glasses:

Just eating better and keep on keeping on even when I don't want to.

Cheers to all this year and good riddance to fat!

Start 182.5
Height 5' 3.5"

Replies

• Darrknys
    Darrknys Posts: 91
    Options
    I thought the weight goals were a little more than what was acceptable so those have been changed to more reasonable ones.

However, I was, and still some remaining, sick for about a week. I was in bed for a whole day one of those days.

So when I was able to work out again it was hard. So I'm starting over on my 30DS n pushing just a bit more.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan - you're goals are pretty close to mine. I'm currently at 180, shooting for 145. Have you tried keeping track of your calories? Alot of times even if you don't stick to a strict diet plan/calorie count it really makes you accountable for what you're putting in your body. I find it helps me... but hey as long as you're losing weight that's all that matters.

I wish my hubby would give me 10 dollars for losing weight LOL!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Sex IS a workout though...

Anyways...

I started close to you (178) and am now at (142) it took me from May of 2012 to current to get this far. So I think your goals are a little too quick honestly. I hope you adjusted them and don't get discouraged. I'm thinking it might be another 6 months before I reach my final "weight" goal which is 130 pounds. After that I want to sculpt muscle and maintain weight. I'm currently set to lose 1/2 pound a week. I monitor my activity with fitbit and HRM for workouts.
  • acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love the chart....I can't believe I didn't think of that being a data-loving kinda gal.