Feel like The Only Older SAHM

Options
2»

Replies

• dawgmom1
    dawgmom1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    'wish I could hit a "like" button on all your encouragement. Thanks all!
  • mnicb
    mnicb Posts: 8
    Options
    I've just joined myfitnesspal and I really like your attitude...Hope we can keep in touch on the new journey.
  • swangull
    Options
    Good for you! And I hope you reach your goals... Sounds like your bit of 'me time' is long overdue! x ps
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I THINK YOU ARE FABULOUS!
  • balogh23
    Options
    Please add me balogh23. I am 57 and am starting too
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I was never a SAHM -- main breadwinner all my life -- but I also relate to "now it's your time" and I so applaud that sentiment. I spent all my adult life working, making ends meet, taking care of kids, doing for everyone else. Now I'm blessed to be able to retire and take care of me. This is my time and I'm taking it!
    You go, girl!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a similar situation. I just turned 47 and have been a SAHM since my first was born in 1996. I have 4 kids ages 16, 14, 10 and 8. I started taking better care of myself physically when my youngest started kindergarten in 2010. I started exercising- using the Wii Fit to start, then joined WW online and lost over 20 lbs. I gained a bit of it back due to letting the diet go, but I kept up the exercise. I'm trying to lose another 10 pounds or so and then I'll use MFP for maintenance.

Add me if you want another older SAHM friend!
  • MsKim1970
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You're awesome and I love your attitude!! I'm a childcare provider in my home .. but I still feel like a SAHM! I have an 11yr old son who has Autism. We can all do this, together! Add me, if you like!
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    47 Year Old Stay At Home Mom To Three Old KIds-24, 21,& 17..
    I have 100lbs.+ To Go.

Love To Help On The Journey
    Feel Free To Add Me..:smile:
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request :)
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    I have two kids and a full-time job. I've got 80+lbs. to lose. We can all do it together! The more supporters you have the more you WILL succeed!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just remember, it's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change.