yasmin and effects of??? replies much appreciated.

Options
Hi

Ive just started taking yasmin a couple days ago for a skin condition. I have noticed a difference in my mood. Im so calm and I wasnt expecting it, I wasnt even aware how stressed out I normally am around t.o.m. until I started feeling this calm. And my boyfriend has come out of hiding :laugh: Im.surprised at how quickly this kicks in and how much its effecting me. Now Im wondering how else this will effect me. And especially now Im trying to.lose weight too. Can I ask you, Did you find it effected your weight? bra size? moods? skin?

Many thanks for your replies :flowerforyou

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Years ago now- skin improved, lady areas- thighs, bottoms tummy all added water weight, I got severley ill every break each month when i had to resume active tablets. Ugh- I'd rather have spots!
    Clean eating will clean up the skin.
    When I got off it the water weight just left!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    The only thing it has noticeably changed about me is that it has eliminated my desire to curl up and die once a month. However, it has caused me to become extremely violent at the merest suggestion of limiting women's access to oral contraceptives. :)

But different forms of BC affect everyone differently, so your experience could be different.
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Years ago now- skin improved, lady areas- thighs, bottoms tummy all added water weight, I got severley ill every break each month when i had to resume active tablets. Ugh- I'd rather have spots!

After the 7 days off you got sick going back on? Did you experience that sickness when you first started taking them?

I don't have any spots as such. I get cysts which are extremely painful all over my body and diet doesn't stop them. My Dr thinks this is the best way to treat them. Fingers crossed anyway. :smile:
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The only thing it has noticeably changed about me is that it has eliminated my desire to curl up and die once a month. However, it has caused me to become extremely violent at the merest suggestion of limiting women's access to oral contraceptives. :)

But different forms of BC affect everyone differently, so your experience could be different.

:drinker:

Thats amazing to hear! I'm totally allergic to painkillers so I have suffered each month in an awful state. I am so glad to hear how much this has helped you :drinker:
  • JazRos10
    Options
    I was on it twice. The first time everything was okay.....but the second time I started taking them I gained weight. I hated taking them.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've been on it a few years. It def improved my skin, my monthly is much shorter...1-2 days max, less moody. With regards to weight it's hard to say as i wasn't eating right at the time and was overexercising.
  • Kymmu
    Options

After the 7 days off you got sick going back on? Did you experience that sickness when you first started taking them?

I don't have any spots as such. I get cysts which are extremely painful all over my body and diet doesn't stop them. My Dr thinks this is the best way to treat them. Fingers crossed anyway. :smile:
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Yes. Sick like a vomiting bug. In bed, with bucket each time I resumed it. Doc thought I would get over it in time but after a few months (6), I just couldn't live like that.