Whole Foods vs Counting Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Gotta love when people ask for opinions and then throw their toys from the pram when people don't agree with them.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I will not be using the forums anymore. You are the least supportive people I have ever seen. This is not just based on this post. It is based on all the others where I have seen people asking for help or looking for a discussion and everyone jumps on them & acts like they are stupid. good riddance.

UcowjR0EhUitzpFlWXSrVQ2_zps874719bf.gif
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I will not be using the forums anymore. You are the least supportive people I have ever seen. This is not just based on this post. It is based on all the others where I have seen people asking for help or looking for a discussion and everyone jumps on them & acts like they are stupid. good riddance.

I love you more every day. lol

UcowjR0EhUitzpFlWXSrVQ2_zps874719bf.gif
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree that a calorie is a calorie. 50 calories made up of sugar & fat vs 50 calories of a plate full of veggies is a lot different. That sugar & fat is going to stick with you, but the veggies are just going to go right through (after your body takes the nutrients it needs). Your body processes them completely different.

And I wasn't comparing cheesecake & steak...I said nothing about organic/grass fed/humane. That does not equal whole food. I was comparing processed food/added sugar/trans fat/salt vs not those.

Oh honey, no. You need to read up on nutrition some more. The energy unit known as a calorie is not made more or less so depending on other nutrients (or lack of) attached to it. Sorry you are picking and choosing what information you wish to believe, and then getting called out on it, that must be embarrassing :embarassed:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    O.P.Think yours is the *****iest post I've seen on here today. Congratulations. You hate us all that much just press the deactivate button. No need to be so hateful and aggressive.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree that a calorie is a calorie. 50 calories made up of sugar & fat vs 50 calories of a plate full of veggies is a lot different. That sugar & fat is going to stick with you, but the veggies are just going to go right through (after your body takes the nutrients it needs). Your body processes them completely different.

And I wasn't comparing cheesecake & steak...I said nothing about organic/grass fed/humane. That does not equal whole food. I was comparing processed food/added sugar/trans fat/salt vs not those.

Oh honey, no. You need to read up on nutrition some more. The energy unit known as a calorie is not made more or less so depending on other nutrients (or lack of) attached to it. Sorry you are picking and choosing what information you wish to believe, and then getting called out on it, that must be embarrassing :embarassed:

Yeah...If you eat a lot of whole food (which no matter what, has calories..period) and end up eating a caloric surplus...whole foods won't just negate that..lol. They aren't magic. They do add up. It's basic math and science. Saying a calorie isn't really a calorie is probably where you are going wrong. The impact of sugary processed foods versus sugar from fruits might impact your body differently...but a calorie is still a calorie.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    50 calories of sugar (high glycemic index) has a different affecct onthe body than 50 calories of high fiber veggies (low glycemic index), yes. Insulin spike, etc.... High quality foods, calorie deficit, exercise program that is both weight training and HIIT cardio.... there you have it.

The pounds fall off.