Does anybody here actually play a sport?

Options

Replies

• jakeschafer
    Options
    Yup, I partake in hockey and baseball.
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm part of a Netball league :smile:
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Madden 2013
    LMAO

Snowshoeing, Ice skating, Ski (Dam I need new skis, I only have my boots left!), hiking, swimming....
  • 2dogmom69
    2dogmom69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I play soccer in a rec league and love it!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I currently practice isshin ryu karate.

I just started with a strength coach and will be doing a powerlifting competition this summer (likely in July).

In high school and college I played rugby and practiced judo. I'm working on getting my fitness level back up to where I can play rugby again.

I also used to paddle outrigger, hard to do that in NY but whenever I go back west I try to get out on the water.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Football (Soccer of course).

Train once a week and league/cup matches on a Saturday.

It impacts my weights but I wouldn't give it up
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I ride horses. x
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a ski patroller and ski about 21 hours per week - does that count? Because it's not actually 'playing' a sport. It's doing a sport that FEELS like playing! But, then again, I broke my shoulder the second day of the season, so this season I'm just feeling sorry for myself!
  • atongthegreat
    Options
    I train Muay Thai 5x a week. I usually spar with my kru, I'd love to be able to fight but I have yet to score one. I sometimes play badminton and basketball if i am not too tired from training.
  • divermom12
    divermom12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I play volleyball (sand in the summer, indoor in the winter) once a week. I've been playing about 4 years. It's competitive & a very good workout. Otherwise I go to classes at the YMCA (cardio kickboxing, strength & endurance etc). I'll also run a bit but I'm not really a runner....wish I could be but just not sure I have it in me.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Squash. But it can get difficult to align plans with squash buddy.
  • Nussear1817j
    Options
    I swim competitively, 3 days swimming 3 1/2 hrs w/ 45 min dryland, 3 days swimming 2 hrs.... Just started my food journal and very confused about my target calories/diet profile....its telling me I need to eat this extraordinary amount of calories on one page, but diet profile doesn't seem to take into account the exercise I am doing. Not sure what to do-stay within calories on diet profile or each additional calories that home page is telling me I need. I want to drop about 15 lbs but not loose any muscle. Been doing this exercise routine for 6 months, but no weight loss. Can anyone explain?
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Softball for fitness (you can get great cardio and an ab workout with batting practice and running around on the field, playing catch, etc)

For competition:
    Softball and Kickball
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    I played softball in college and I continue to play now. I play for 2 teams year round. (:
    I'm also planning on playing sand volleyball this summer once I'm done with my clinicals!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Football, except the last two weeks it's been snowed off. I NEED TO KICK THINGS.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I train Karate in a class 2x a week, and train a mix of karate and TKD at home almost every night. I used to do a twice-a-year competition for TKD, but since leaving Colorado I haven't found one I'm interested in that isn't incredibly far away. :-/
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    Powerlifting, *kitten* kicking
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    soccer, love it!!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Tennis 2-3 times a week.
  • CChandler81