Mothers Day tomorrow, so might need to be strong!

karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Tomorrow is Mothers Day, I have 3 children (two have left home) and I have been invited over for dinner by the eldest, I am worried for two reasons,
#1 being that I want to eat what she cooks for me and enjoy it without guilt and worrying about it's calories etc
and
#2 I suspect chocolates might be a present, and I know that as I have not had any chocolate for quite some time and knowing what I am like have no will power with it, once I have tasted it then I eat it all. I don't want to offend them, and i want to enjoy what they do for me as their Mum. Also because I don't have my own Mum I find it quite a hard day myself, and I will be going to the Church yard where she is buried with some flowers for her tomorrow too. Just need a bit of advice and support to know how best to deal with this in a rational and proportional way.

Replies

• bsparks81
    bsparks81 Posts: 29
    I would work hard on portion sizes if it was me. As for the chocolates share them with everyone there, then you won't have the ability to eat them all. :smile: Sorry about your mom, today is a rough day for me as well, my grandfather (who was basically my dad) passed away 3 years ago today. I'll say a prayer for your comfort tomorrow.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Hi There,
    Try to relax and enjoy the company of your childern. Its all about sharing the lovethey have for you you . Dont stress on the food. portion control is the key but remember that if you stay in moderation that you can try a bit of everything. I know that you will be missing your Mom (but if she could look down at you seeing you enjoying the day with your kids it would most likely make her very Happy :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Workout a little more tonight or tomorrow or even both.:happy:
  • I will also be thinking of my late Mum today, Don't beat yourself up too much over what you eat, I have MIL/FIL coming round for dinner tonight. I will be filling my plate with veg, but still having a small portion of meat and a yorkshire.
    I asked for flowers not chocolates from my children but they bought a huge box for MIL - which will be opened after dinner. I will have one, my favourite and nibble it rather than stuff it down in one. Well that is my plan anyway!

Enjoy your day and when faced with a difficult choice ask yourself what you'd rather have - a slim figure or a chocolate/dessert etc
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Thank you :-)

I just spoke to my oldest Daughter and she is doing a fairly healthy meal apparently as she knows we are both on a diet, (Husband was put on his by the Dr) and then we are all going to play on the wii! So sounds like I was worried over nothing! We are also off for a walk after we take the flowers to the Church, it's such a beautiful day. Happy Mothers Day to all Mums xXx
This discussion has been closed.