Success with Dukan??

Options
13»

Replies

• Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet and felt like s*** the whole time. Low carb, high fat has been effective and sustainable for me. Will you lose weight? Probably. Can you really stick to it forever? Probably not, so it ends up being a vicious cycle- just my experience.

Best of luck :)
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Hahaha this!!!
  • Kamacoma
    Kamacoma Posts: 10
    Options
    This is literally the most HORRIFIC diet I've ever been on.. (for 2 weeks just to support my meat eating bf who wanted to try it) I'm, by no means, the cleanest of eaters, but eating nothing but meat and fat-free dairy was DISGUSTING- AND I only lost a couple of pounds. Started eating FRUIT, veggies and good carbs again and the weight came right off. This diet is simply unsustainable. Your body NEEDS carbs, veggies and fruit. Meat, it can do without. Fat-free dairy goes through a sick process to be fat free, and a lot of those items have added sugar. I would rather eat full-fat dairy (moderation being key) AND ENJOY MY DIET than fat-free anything.. gross.

Seriously- don't want to discourage you from losing weight, but it really is just about balance. And wouldn't you rather eat things you enjoy, in moderation, than eat fat-free cottage cheese and turkey patties for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I'm telling you- save your money. Don't give it to this "doctor." This diet is a joke.
  • Kamacoma
    Kamacoma Posts: 10
    Options
    ...I forgot to mention- my bf couldn't do it past a few weeks either. And he LOVES meat!!!!
  • Stadtkatze91
    Stadtkatze91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did it for 4,5 months in 2011 and i lost 31 pounds. It is a really strict diet and at some points very annoying because you always have to cook your own food and bring it wherever you go, because there is hardly anything you can eat outside. I managed to maintain for 3 months in consolidation phase but then I was just sick of it, because it was too much work, and I gained back everything I lost plus an additional 36 pounds. My mom also did it with me, lost 25 pounds and also gained back all of it and even more, so if you don't want to stick to it your whole life be prepared for the JoJo.

Looking back I really think that it was a very unhealthy way of losing weight, because the food choice was so limited - you are not even allowed to eat fruits :noway: being on Myfitnesspal for 4,5 months, I have also lost 31 pounds now and I can eat EVERYTHING and still lose weight. So I wouldn't recommend Dukan for anyone, just control your portions and stay under your calorie goal and have some patience and you will be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had a baby 7 months ago and put on a bit of weight (about 45lbs). She has done the Dukan diet since July 2012 and is in the "maintenance" stage now after loosing all that she put on shy of 5lbs..She looks absolutely amazing.
    I am now on day 2 of the "attack" phase.
    Does anyone have any feedback on this diet plan? success stories, advice??
    Thanks.......
    Success on this diet will depend on if you can sustain it long term. It's pretty restrictive so if there are things that you truly like to eat that are banned by it, chances are that it may not be the right diet for success.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks. The whole point of Dukan is it teaches you how to fuel your body for life by practicing better eating habits.. There is no "going back" to normal eating.

What you call normal made you fat. Get it? You cannot eat like that ever again if you want to stay healthy.

That's why it works.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I tried the Duken Diet and lost a fair bit of weight, I found it very hard to stick to and when i gave it up, the weight returned with vengence.

just like this, I stuck it for around a month then fell off the wagon (am a carb junkie) and never did get back on, I lost around 19lbs in the time I did it and whilst I COULD stay off carbs (mostly) it was easy but expensive. I keep toying with going on it again as I do love bacon and eggs!!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    . There is no "going back" to normal eating.

What you call normal made you fat. Get it? You cannot eat like that ever again if you want to stay healthy.

That's why it works.

I agree, returning to a normal that has previously made a weight surplus, well....it'll just do it again!
  • Kimbolebimbo
    Options
    To me, the ones who are saying how dangerous this diet is and how they love themselves too much to go on such a dangerous diet are failing to see the irony.
    You have eaten dangerously enough to pack on the pounds, you didn't love yourself enough to exercise and eat sensibly.

Maybe restricting ourselves a bit is actually what is now needed, after all isn't it overindulgence that got us to this point in the first place?

I'm enjoying this diet, it's the first diet that is working for me and I'm committed to it because it's healthy and easy, I believe in the entire program and feel most people think they can go back to overindulgence after they reach their goal, missing the point of the discipline that this diet teaches you.

After you reach your goal you move on to the 3rd phase where you eat protein, vegetables and you can add a piece of fruit each day plus two pieces of wheat bread, you also get one meal a week where you can have a anything goes meal, a sort of celebration meal.
    I eat amazing foods everyday and feel full and satisfied and even more than that I'm happy a lot! This diet has genuinely changed my mindset and I'm thankful to Dr. Dukan.

I would love to help anyone who is struggling, I have a knack to create gourmet meals with simple ingredients that will keep you satisfied and I will share ideas with you no problem!

Don't count out this diet, trust me it is working for myself, my husband and my daughter! So far we have each lost between 10-13 lbs
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Dude got stripped of his licence to practice medicine for prescribing dangerous amounts of not-for-purpose drugs to patients for weight loss.

Sounds like not even he believed his diet was the miracle it's touted to be.
  • jalzak73
    Options
    Hi there... totally agree with kimbolebimbo!!
    People think they can go back to stuffing their faces with ice cream and pizza and be slim... i have 70 odd pounds to lose because i love greasy, sweet, stodgy food, not because i eat healthy.. Dukan really works if you commit to follow all the phases... anyone who says you only eat protein the whole diet has clearly not read the principles of the diet and knows nothing about it.
    I am on itand works just fine. And for your info, he actually did not get struck off the medical council here in France, he asked to be taken off himself. The reasons can be read about on the net...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hi there... totally agree with kimbolebimbo!!
    People think they can go back to stuffing their faces with ice cream and pizza and be slim... i have 70 odd pounds to lose because i love greasy, sweet, stodgy food, not because i eat healthy.. Dukan really works if you commit to follow all the phases... anyone who says you only eat protein the whole diet has clearly not read the principles of the diet and knows nothing about it.
    I am on itand works just fine. And for your info, he actually did not get struck off the medical council here in France, he asked to be taken off himself. The reasons can be read about on the net...

He was taken off the membership of the Ordre des Médecins in 2012 at his own request, but was struck off the medical register in January this year...
  • MariFleming2020
    MariFleming2020 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I did it a couple of years ago to lose 6-7 lbs & was successful. However, I recently started it to lose 20 lbs gained over a couple of stressful years, and after the first 3 weeks I went into a plateau for 4 weeks - not an oz lost, despite being in a calorie deficit of at least 900 a day! (I was also tracking on MFP). I switched to a low-carb (less than 75 gm/day) high-veg & protein diet, and found that I had a lot more energy, could do much more intense exercise, and the weight is falling off! I am also not hungry, enjoying my healthy food a lot more, and am a lot less grumpy (my husband says). Pure Dukan is too boring, and is dangerously low in healthy vegetables, fibre (minimal), fruit (none), pulses (none) and nuts (none).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!