Started Medifast today looking for anyone else on programs

Options

Replies

• dbritt07
    dbritt07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It works if you stick to it. :) I just finished week 1 (after being off of it for 3 months - big mistake!) and lost 13.4 pounds in 7 days. The first time I was on Medifast was middle of last year and I lost 45 pounds in 2 1/2 months. I then proceeded to go off plan for the past 3 months because I got overconfident and gained it all back plus 2 pounds. The key for me no matter the plan is I must weigh myself weekly at least or I lose site of everything. Once I stop weighing myself or get out of the habit which isn't hard as I hate scales, it all comes back..Good luck to you!

BTW - a large loss like that is common the fist week, I lost over 14 the first time I was on this during the first week but it then the next week it dropped to like 6, then 4-5 each week after but it averages out to roughly 5 pounds a week - at least for me it did, Not bad really!
  • LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Today was my first day on the TSFL Medifast plan. I must admit I was excited and anxious at the same time. I did my research and my doctor strongly recommended the program, but I was very worried about the taste of the food. Extremely pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised. So far the 5 meals I ate today were more than palatable. They were actually ok, some even pretty good. Loving the pretzels and the bars so far. Anyway, I'm glad to find this forum. I definitely need some kindred spirits to travel along this journey with me. I have 79 pounds to lose.

Good luck everyone and let's motivate each other. :happy:
  • joysea50
    joysea50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another Medifaster here! I just started Thursday, 2/21 and love the program!
  • buckeye328
    buckeye328 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 3 today on MF and I've lost 10 pounds so far!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I finished week one Friday, down 7.6 pounds and my shirts are looser around my midsection. My only complaints are fatigue and pain with my usual exercise routine and mental fog, if I go more than 2.5 hours between meals. I'm in ketosis but still get hungry sometimes.

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, frothed in my coffee has been a lifesaver.
  • witeowl
    Options
    Congrats to all you MFing losers! I did the program many years ago and had great success!

Have a great MFing journey!!!

Um... I'm not sure you're aware of how that's coming across...
    (MF can = motherf....., so MFing losers = ________) :smile:

I think I'm going to go ahead and do it for at least one and maybe up to three months. I know I can do it by counting calories, but I'm intrigued by the no-brainer aspect and am a bit "hungry" for a bit of a jump start.

Can anyone tell me, though, what is "too much" exercise? I keep hearing about that. Come spring/summer, I plan on hoping on the bike and tend to ride quite long and a bit hard. Will this be a problem? Will I be able to supplement the diet to make up for the thousands burned on long rides without blowing it completely?
  • witeowl
    Options
    Oh no....I'm aware. It was one of my favorite things when I was on MF....is the constant on the nose MFin jokes I put in everything. I'm a MFin' Rock Star!

Ah, well, when you put it that way, it's so much better! :)
    As for exercise...the program recommends no more than 45 minutes of vigorous exercise. If you exercise consistently more than that, you can go to a 5&2 plan which is the 5 meals and 2 lean and green. When I was on program and went over exercise...I just added an extra MF meal to my plan. On the day before and the day off a long ride....I'd do the 5&2 plan...that would be my recommendation. You won't be able to carb load before a big ride, but you can at least have some more calories in the tank.

Thanks. I found an inexpensive but highly rated book on "low carb lifestyle" for athletes. I know MF is more than just low carb, but I think the book's basic info should help me. I'll keep your advice in mind. Worst case scenario: I go back to counting calories during riding season and then back to MF.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It is very encouraging to see these results! I placed my order and I am looking forward to having a story to share as well.
  • Christina021108
    Options
    Hi I know its been awhile since anyone has posted here, but I just ordered my Medifast today, and am super excited! Anyone care to post updates since they have started when this post started?!
  • Wnderlnd
    Options
    I have been on and off MF for a while. I am having a hard time getting back into the fat-burning mode of the first 4 days. I and fine all day, then can't stop thinking about eating and make bad choices.

I literally just contacted a new health coach to see if I can switch and start fresh with her. I have 30 more pounds to lose and want to get back to playing tennis regularly.

Sometimes I log via MyFitness Pal, but I often use the LoseIt app that is also free since I like that one a little better.
  • nnaannccyyw
    nnaannccyyw Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just noticed this post from 2/13/13 where I had lost 105 pounds. As of 1/15/14, I have lost 257...so anybody reading this and wondering..yes; Medifast does work...wonders. It's worth every ounce of effort and every $ you'll spend; which btw, is a big savings for me compared to what I spent prior to Medifast.
  • haneyteach
    Options
    Incredible loss, Nancy! I'm starting tomorrow, and look forward to the changes!
  • walkdmc
    Options
    Hi Nancy! You're so inspirational!

I celebrated my 1 year anniversary on Medifast Feb. 15th and am down 70 pounds and feeling great! I am within 15 pounds of my goal and couldn't be happier.
  • misty1040
    misty1040 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quick question- Are you the same Nancy with all of the Nnnnnnn's that have put so many fabulous recipes on the TSFL page?
  • kikif617
    kikif617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been toying around with this program. I can't afford it, but would love to join. Sounds like it's successful. I may have to go work the pole to get the money LOL. Just kidding.
  • walkdmc
    Options
    KL, I know some people opt to do Wonderslim (WS) for cost savings. I think it's about $3-4 difference/box vs. Medifast. If you're interested in a meal replacement plan, check that out. You'll get more calories than you would on MF, yet "they" claim the losses are similar. There are youtube videos of people reporting their experiences and success with WS.

BTW, thanks for bumping this thread! I can't believe it's been over a year since I started MF and it was fun reading my first week's post.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll be finishing week three in a few days. I've lost 10 pounds so far. Right now I'm in denial about the weight loss. I think once I see 20 pounds gone, I'll have more faith. I've heard so many times that whenever you go on a new diet, the first 3-7 pounds you lose is usually just water weight. So I'm having a tough time believing that I've actually dropped 10 pounds of fat already.

Walkdmc, I read your original post from a year ago. I am currently in the same state where if I don't eat every 2 hours, I'm getting a headache, I feel fatigued, and I'm watching the clock tick down until my next mealtime. I wake up at 5:00 am and go to bed around 9:00 pm. If I eat every 2 1/2 hours starting at 6 am, my last meal time is currently at 6:30 pm. This sounds ok, but my head feels foggy most days. I was wondering, when did this improve for you? I'm considering splitting my lean and green so that I'm having 5&2. My 2 will be split in half though, so I think that would be ok. What are your thoughts?
  • walkdmc
    Options
    Oh, I remember those days of mental fog! For me, those symptoms lasted for the first 3-4 weeks. Then, I felt 100% better. I had trouble with short-term memory and word-finding. It was so bad I knew if the symptoms continued, I'd have to quit the diet but thankfully, those issues disappeared.

You can absolutely split your lean and green meal! One of the best foods to have when you're doing that is Egg Beaters for one of your leans. I used to have 1 c. of Egg Beaters in the morning, with a 1/2 c. asparagus tips and 1T. crumbled feta or LF cheddar AND 3 oz. chicken or similar lean protein at night, along with a salad. (The cheese is supposed to count towards your lean portion but if I kept the portion to 1T., I just counted it as a condiment since we are allowed 1T. of shredded parmesan as a condiment).

1/2 lean = 1 cup egg beaters or 7 egg whites!

Also, if you're very hungry between meals, have a LF cheese stick, or your 10 almonds, with a cup of hot tea. Reassess 20 minutes later. If you're still very hungry, try having 1/2 a MF bar or 1 cup of hot broth. By the time you reassess after that, it's probably time for another full MF meal or your lean and green. I've had weeks with a great loss where I ate an extra MF meal almost daily.

Make sure you're not exercising more than 45 min/day.

Congrats on your loss so far, great job! Some of that 10 pounds is water but some of it is probably fat at 3 weeks into the program.