Going for a new scale tomorrow; Which do you have?

Brittany_Kayy
Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone!

I wasn't really sure where to post this question and I know it's been asked before,but I can't find it!
So, I'm sorry for repeating a question.

( I know some really get annoyed with that :/ )

Anyways, tomorrow I am going to Walmart and I thought "I'm gonna go get a new scale while I'm there!"
The one in our bathroom is old and honestly I just really want a NEW one! Price really isn't an issue, but I don't want to go several places to get one..

I'd rather just grab one while I'm at Walmart.. so my question is which scale do you guys have.. ( brand, ect. ) and how much do you like it! Thanks..

There are so many on walmart.com to choose from that I'm clueless! -LOL-

I would like one that tells body fat and water percentage as well.

Thanks ahead MFP'S!

Replies

• youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    I got mine from Walmart they are made by Health o Meter..they cost around 30.00 and it keeps track of 2 peoples wight if you chose that option and it also tells ya hydration level and BMI..I have found that these scales run with in 1/2 # of my doctors scales.. they seem to be very accurate..hope this helps..( also they are white with chrome/silver strips on them)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I've got a Homedics scale that measures bone mass (does it work?), BMI, body fat (again, does it work?) and weight. I chose it because it can save my numbers and hubby's. But I'm sure a cheaper and less technologically advanced one would work just as well too :smile:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I got mine from Menards for about $24. It's a Taylor, I can program up to 4 people in it, with age, sex, and weight. It tells me my weight to the nearest tenth as well as 2 other things (I don't really worry about), I believe it's body fat% and the body hydration %

I love it!
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Not sure if this will help you, But i have the wii fit plus and i use that every week to weigh myself, my husband uses it also, It gives us our weight and bmi, It keeps track of your progres, I love it and it is very easy to use.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Mine's a Healthometer from walmart too, and was somewhere between $30-$40.

I've had it a year and a half, and love it. Some features:

~ digital (love this)
    ~ tracks up to 4 people (or yourself, four quarters of the year... muahahaha)
    ~ has body fat (useless, I ignore this.... fluctuates day to day GREATLY)
    ~ has BMI (this is as accurate as any online calculator I've seen, love this)
    ~ has a water/hydration calculation (not sure how accurate this is?)
    ~ checks bone mass (again, not sure how accurate this feature is)
    ~ allows you to put age, height, sex, to make it personal for YOU, or for each user. (LOVE THIS)

Hope that helps!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I have a set of glass Produex body analysis scales from Wal-Mart. They were $30 here in Canada, so probably $20 in the US. Cheap and good. :)
  • I just bought a cheap one from wal-mart before I went to my doctors visit and adjusted the dial for what I weighed at the doctors office; which for the scale was +5lbs-- but it's been accurate for the three years of my weight loss journey from 220 to 130.
  • I HIGHLY recommend the EatSmart bathroom scale from Amazon. Retail price is $49.99 but Amazon sells it for $28.95 and shipping is free. What I love most about it is that I can get on it 5 times in a row and get the exact same weight every time, down to 1/10 of a pound. It's awesome.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    i did read a thread (couple months ago) and several people were having alot of issues with their weight watchers scales.

you've got several good suggestions of ones to try, but the weight watchers is one i'd avoid.
  • After doing a lot of online research & reading a lot of forum posts on MFP I came to the conclusion that the brand with the highest user satisfaction was Tanita. I ended up getting a high-end Tanita (all the bells & whistles like body fat %, etc.) from Bed Bath & Beyond. It was originally $100 but was on sale for $50 a I had a 20% off coupon so I got it for $40. Best decision I ever made....It is totally reliable....I've actually gotten on & off of it several times in a row to make sure I get the same reading & I always do.....

One important thing it made me realize though is the importance of the surface the scale is on. I can only weigh myself in the bathroom because if it's on carpet I get crazy readings.
This discussion has been closed.