Awkward Silence?

Options
Hi...um...obviously I'm new.
I found MFP mostly do to a desire I've had to slim down lately for my boyfriend. He's been working out at the gym for me but since I don't have nearly as much time to kill at the gym as he does, I'm hoping to do it through diet. *fingers crossed*

Well....HI!!!

Replies

• Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sorry, did I read that right? You are "slimming" down for your boyfriend? If you are doing it for him I would recommend evaluating your goals. I think weight loss should be based on health and at the very last, vanity. You should do it for yourself, not someone else.

I'm very busy with my life but I'm trying to do diet combined with fitness. You could do both I think with limited time. Things like walking to the store, takes staires instead of an elevator. Walking in the evening after dinner. Little things turn into big restults long term.

Good luck with your journey! :)
  • lilymoore
    Options
    I'm not slimming down for him, for him. We both decided that we should loose weight and I want to make him proud. We could both do to try and improve our health.

But my life is actually filled with general cardio as a waitress. :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think a change of food has much impact on weightloss and it sounds like you keep busy physically at work. Good Luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I agree that you have to make sure to lose it for the right reasons, otherwise, it will come back. I've been there countless times.

Keep your head up.
  • _josey_
    _josey_ Posts: 4
    Options
    That's great you get a lot of cardio as a waitress - I did that for a few years and it really helped me to maintain my weight (as opposed to the last 3 years of sitting at a desk). However, in the restaurant world (at least for me) you graze a lot... grab a few fries here, a bowl of soup there, etc. etc. etc... it all adds up.

I think being part of MPF and tracking your calories will really help you to LOSE weight. The "general cardio" you get will most likely keep you maintaining...but to LOSE weight, you're going to have to take that extra 30 minutes every day to do something to actually get your heart rate into a higher zone.

What worked for me was getting a DVD workout system - something like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (22 min. workout) or one of "The Firm" workouts (they have good ones between 30-45 min)... if you think you don't have the "time," think about it like this - for ever minute of TV (or movies) you watch in a day, you have to work out that much too. It will most likely make you reevaluate your statement of "i don't have much time" ....

At any rate, good luck on your journey. Try to start doing a workout BEFORE you go to work that gets your heart rate HIGH (hard to speak) and I think you will realize that it will give you even more energy at work and more motivation to make a conscious decision to eat mindfully.... I truly believe that 4-5 small meals a day is the way to be healthy and lose weight, but (at least for me) the restaurant was hard, b/c i'd lose track of how many fries I ate through the day... or chips... or whatever type of "easy food" is around at the place you work.

You can do it!!