Discouraged. Need Encouragement. And more friends.

Options
So the last few weeks have been very discouraging. I haven't been losing weight despite getting back to 5x/week workouts. I know what I am doing wrong - it's the food - well the drinking of my calories. Anyway, that's not the point. I know I need to switch things up and will do so. The problem is this happens to me on occasion and, I totally beat myself up until I give up or give in. Then I'll stop trying or pushing through a plateau and come back to things in 3 or 6 months and have start all over again. I'm not gaining and losing a ton in these off times (~5 lbs), but I need to stick with it.

I have found some pretty good encouragement from the friends I do have on here, but I am looking for more. I like to think that I've been encouraging and active and supportive of my MFP friends, too. I want to feel good about this, it's why I am trying to get in shape. Who wants to help me adjust my attitude?

Replies

• EBurke0723
    EBurke0723 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd love to collaborate and offer each other support. Feel free to add me! I am looking to lose at least 40lbs.
  • getfitLiss
    getfitLiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I like to offer help when I can. I found this post on pinterest and it has some helpful tips for plateaus. hope it helps! good luck!

http://greatist.com/fitness/deadstop-training-break-gym-plateaus/
  • crazybutttricia
    Options
    I know how you feel, I have the same thing happen from time to time. And it only takes a week to feel "out of it" and then you spiral out of control and feel even worse! It helps to have people to encourage and keep you accountable. Add me as a friend and I'll keep the motivation coming your way :)
  • jkgaerte4
    jkgaerte4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking for more friends to add. I figure the more I have the more I am more likely to stay on target. I am doing good so far, but to be honest I have not weighed my self in over a week. I have found that if I eat right and exercise, it will have to come off eventually. If I dont see the scale stop and hit a small plateau then I will continue on and continue to lose. (hopefully) I am lookiing to lose 30. Feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully give great advice and encouragement to all!
  • kirstie3281
    kirstie3281 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would love to encourage and have more friends here as well. You can do it!
  • leslie_lemieux
    leslie_lemieux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is hard...we all are famous for doing this like a yo-yo
    I am the same.
    But remember 4-5 months till shorts & bathing suit season :)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I keep yo-yoing and it is getting irritating. I need some help too. I will help you if you want. Feel free to add me.
  • samanthabernardo
    samanthabernardo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It will be OK! We all fall into these ruts. You can do this and you can do it healthily.
  • ashannon22
    ashannon22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Lady!

Its easy to get discouraged -- trust me, I know, I'm there right now myself. Just know that you are such a positive force and that we all go through times where we may not be eating perfect or working out like we should. Don't feel like you need to make a huge change all at once (because hardly anyone sticks to that). Find small ways to make changes and modify your behavior (instead of thinking of it as a "diet") until you get to where you know you should be.

You've got this, girl! I'm pulling for ya! :)
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm at maintenance so I spend my time as a cheerleader for my friends. :) Feel free to add me.

Edit: HAHAHAHA, I found this post because YOU ARE MY FRIEND!! LOL.
  • AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    amen to drinking your calories. i have the same problem. it gets difficult and is sometimes easy to get discouraged and quit...... only to come back and start. but hey, at least you get back to it! that is outstanding perseverance when you could just quit forever and give up.

keep going, it's totally do-able.
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't give up...getting discouraged happens, it is what your response to it that makes a difference!
  • emilysmellz
    emilysmellz Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in the same 6lbs fluctuating for months, would love new friends, need to push myself for sure.
  • aniegurl
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Lets stay motivated and get healthy!