2 questions!

Options
The first question I have is, what is the best amount of calories to loose when exercising so I am not going by minutes, i want to go by how many calories I loose because I want to see some results...and the last question is that P90X a good workout? And anyone know how i can get it at low cost or free. I am unemployed right now and can't afford 100 and some odd dollars for it. Thanks for your help! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi, I don't have an answer to your first question but the p90x can be downloaded using a torrent. Or you could buy it off someone who's looking to sell theirs (Amazon, ebay, etc)
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    It's more important to start/maintain the "habit"...start slow and comfortable...don't overdo it or plan too much for yourself...or you'll be sore, and not exercise for days because you're sore, then you'll dread it...and end up just stopping.

When I started, I just did the treadmill at a comfortable pace..just some faster walking (or whatever works for you)..and not or a small incline. As long as you get the heart rate up..and are doing something, you're exercising and burning calories. 30 minutes is a good minimum.

Another thing I do...is I plan exercise "every day"...I find if I say "OK I just exercising M-W-F" then those days come and I cannot for some reason...then I don't exercise till the next "scheduled" day....so you lose alot of time. I plan every day....so it becomes a part and priority of my day......

I'm not an "expert" at all...just know what I've done wrong in the past and what works for me and what doesn't..... Maintain the habit, the rest will follow. Good luck in your journey!!
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with marii. I got Jilian Michaels 30 day shred on a torrent website. I love Jillian Michaels <3. I dunno about the p90x except what I've heard from others. And I've heard nothing but good things so. Good luck on your journey.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't focus so much on how many calories you're losing. I would focus on building and maintaining good exercise habits. When I first started, I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I mapped out a 2 mile walk and it took me 20 minutes to complete. When I started at the gym, I would walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes and I burned about 175-ish calories. Now I run on the treadmill and I burn about 250 calories in 20 minutes. I've also focused on building muscle. You don't start burning fat until after 20 minutes of having your heart rate up.

I don't have any personal experience with P90x or 30-day shred but I've heard from a lot of trainers and from Jillian Michaels herself that your body is equipped to do all of the exercise it needs with no outside investment. Bob Harper has a lot of strength training exercises on his website that don't require any purchase at all, you can do them right at home. And every trainer I've ever met says the same thing - "Get moving!"
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I bought dvds but I found I lost in my upper body and not so much in my lower body. I'm doing the C25K running program to prepare for a 5 K run in May. I'm also doing some free weights for my arms.