40 year old GenX'er

Options
I've heard so much about this website but found it looking up information about the flexitarian lifestyle. I eat fish and chicken on occasion but my diet is mainly vegetarian. However, this change did not get me the results I was looking for because I started to consume more carbs, especially potatoes and sweets. So now, I must learn to eat with less meat without using carbs to make up for the lost protein.
The last weigh-in I've had was at the doctor's in December with all of clothing, including boots, and the scale said 193 (my biggest ever). My goal is 160 by the summer. I have yet to buy a scale (I will this weekend) and I've been at this dieting thing since the start of the year. I hope to connect with other 40+ or Gen X'ers who feel like I do: I still have it and it's my last chance to show it!! Wish me luck and the same to you. God bless. :smokin:

Replies

• demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friend me if yoiu want!
  • scoutfinchie
    scoutfinchie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and our current stats and goals are very similar. You can friend me.
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I just turned 40 yo (not sure how I feel about that yet, lol) and my caloric goal is 1200 / day however I may be increasing it do to the amount of exercise I do weekly.

Please feel free to add me too :)