The site adjusting calorie goals

smae1980
smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
When I first started here My calories were set by the site and went down by about 100 cal. in the first few days, from 1450 to 1360. Since the last time they went down, I have lost an additional 10 lbs and no calorie adjustment has been made by the site. My question is does the site have a built in "gimme " period where our calorie goals are a little higher while we adjust to the changes before they go down to where they should be? I'm not sure why they went down so much so fast in the beginning and not since(not that I want them to go down). I know that the smaller we are the less cal. we require, I just don't know how the site calculates that adjustment. And just so everyone knows, this is my base cal. only, I make my own adjustments with my exercise calories daily. So, if anyone has insight to this, please let me know & thanks

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Try resetting your goals. I do that about once every two weeks. If you're losing too fast you might want to decrease the amount to lose per week.
  • kwardklinck
    If you're set on 2 pounds per week and losing faster than that, go down to one pound per week. I'm close to my goal so I've got it set at losing 1/2 a pound a week. However I'm still losing about 1 pound per week.
  • smae1980
    thanks for replying, but that's not what I meant. I meant the site resetting my goals in response to my weightloss in keeping with the settings I put in, which was 1 lb a week.
  • smae1980
    Has anyone had this happen to them? The site changes your daily calorie recommendation?
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    The site did adjust my calories after I had lost about 10lbs. Then recently (at 35lb) it recommended that I readjust my goals. I went back in and looked at my goals (didn't change much). When I saved it, it had readjusted my cals to about 100 less than it had been. I don't know if there is a set "schedule" of when it reevaluates.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    I didn't know that the site did this at all. Each Monday when I weigh in and check in here, I re-do the goals. Depending on my loss, it may not change, or go down by about 10. That way, each week is only a small change. Hope this helps!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Mine has gone down twice since I have started on here, I figured it was adjusting the calories depending on how much weight I have lost.
  • Mine seems to go down about 10 calories for every pound I lose. I
  • kwardklinck
    I know the site adjusts goals. Usually about 10 cals less after my weigh in if I've lost at least a pound. I still go update my goals about every other week to adjust things based on how I've lost. It now says I'm supposed to lose 1/2 a pound a week but I've been losing at least a pound a week. When I was set at 1 pound a week, I lost 3-4 per week. Our bodies are all different and it's not an exact science. You just have to play with it and try not to lose more than 2 pounds a week if you want permanent weight loss. Good luck to you in your journey.
This discussion has been closed.