I Joined a Gym!!

Options
Today will be my first work out - I got 4 free personal training sessions when I joined. I'll be meeting the trainer at 5:30. I am so very excited to begin this part of my transformation. I've never, EVER worked out consistently, so I'm starting from scratch - and that's ok! Everyone starts somewhere, right? I'm sure that I'll be coming here with questions, and looking for motivation quite a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing results, and having "me" time.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Replies

• OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yea you!!! Have fun! :D
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

Just remember, everyone at the gym, even the people who are in incredible shape and have amazing bodies, started somewhere. They all remember what it was like to be a beginner, too.

Be confident and work hard. Don't feel self conscious. Be proud of your sweat, your heavy breathing and your red face -- they are symbols of your hard work and effort.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Write things down so you can replicate everything he shows you later. Great first step though, alot of people sign up for the gym but just come in and bounce around and really do not accomplish much. A great trainer is priceless.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hell yea, that is awesome...

Word of advice..make sure they show you how to work out with weights..i.e. squats, deadlifts, etc...just because you are a woman does not mean you can't do weight training and see nice gains..train like a man, look like a goddess!

I see a lot of personal trainers at my gym training people and they never bring them anywhere near the free weights...don't let that happen to you! :)

Good luck to ya!
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments!!! I will for sure have them train me on the weights, and I'll write info down so I don't forget. That is one of the main reasons I'm going!!! I want to be strong, healthy, and sexy. :)
  • Heitor70
    Heitor70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I will for sure have them train me on the weights, and I'll write info down so I don't forget.

If you do forget check out BodyBuilding.com. There are great plans over there that you can follow, with video's on how to do each exercise.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Today will be my first work out - I got 4 free personal training sessions when I joined. I'll be meeting the trainer at 5:30. I am so very excited to begin this part of my transformation. I've never, EVER worked out consistently, so I'm starting from scratch - and that's ok! Everyone starts somewhere, right? I'm sure that I'll be coming here with questions, and looking for motivation quite a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing results, and having "me" time.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

congrats i love new gyms!

good luck with the trainer. my advice is to be as specific and honest as possible when telling him/her your goals. for instance don't just go with "weight loss' as a goal. that will happen as long as you are eating at a deficit. go with with specific fitness goals that your trainer can help give you routines for.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    super young lady, keep up the great work.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It's great! Honestly, when you get going and feel confident in there it'll be the highlight of your week!
  • CmeATtheGym
    CmeATtheGym Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If they offer fitness classes, try everyone as soon as you can. I find the classes motivate me the most, to get to the gym.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    KK,
    GREAT FOR YOU!!!. I remember my first day. I was so unfamiliar, clueless about it all.
    The great bodies I saw made me want to walk right out. BUT, I didn't. I said to myself I am here for me!!
    Take full advantage of that trainer. Ask him questions, get it all.
    I now walk all around that gym like I own it. And I really am to the point where I enjoy going!! I never thought I would get there.

So you go girl, and do this for the important person in your life, YOU!!!
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    this is GREAT!! and the four free sessions are a MAJOR bonus!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's great! Even more fantastic that you get 4 free sessions! That's a perfect amount of time to soak up some knowledge and get a feel for what you like and don't like. Good luck!