for those of your with HRM

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
Does your HRM track how many miles you walk or run? What kind do you have?

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Mine does not, though there are many out there that do, these days! I have a Polar F11.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Do you know kinds do? I have been researching online all morning and they are very unclear!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You may need to check for one which also has a pedometer. I have an older Polar F4 and it doesn't track that info either. Sorry I'm no help. :-(

Just checked Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Bowflex-Trainer-Heart-Monitor-Pedometer/dp/B001UI7M9S

Here's another at Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Bowflex-Trainer-Monitor-Pedometer-Regular/dp/B000K7FHM4/ref=pd_sim_sg_1
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I think the super expensive ones with GPS built into the watch do that. Also you can get some cool gadget from Nike that goes in the shoe and reports distance run back to your iPod or other device. I was looking into that but decided to stick with my basic HRM and spend the additional money on better running shoes.

I also use some of the cool online google maps to figure out how far I walked. At work we take different routes at lunch with the aim of being out about 45 minutes, then when we get back one of us will map our route to figure out the distance. I usually have a pedometer on so I have an approximation of how many steps.

My HRM was about $60 and uses my age, height and current weight to estimate calories burned based on HR. It also lets me set my own ranges which is handy. I use the chest strap and like it. I use my HRM for swimming too (calories burned) and that's helpful when you want to eat some of your exercise calories :wink: My pedometer was less than $15 and it seems to work well.

Good luck!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    yup, got my answer. it needs to have gps. thanks
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    There are some by Garmin, Polar, Suunto, and more..... I agree with the poster above, probably a good idea to look for GPS HRM's, as those are probably what you're looking for.

Amazon has a pretty good selection ranging from $135-$450, and don't forget to check ebay too! I bought mine on ebay at a much lower rate than I would have gotten at a retail store, and it's been perfectly fine, no problems. :drinker:

Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide! :smile: :flowerforyou: