Howdy :o)

Options
Hello,

I recently had a baby and gained 27lbs. during my pregnancy and have been lucky enough to have already lost that weight however i'm wanting to lose about 80lbs...and try to become much more healthier....if anyone has any suggestions or tips please feel free to let me in on them.

THanks!!!

Replies

• nutbr
    Options
    Hello,

I recently had a baby and gained 27lbs. during my pregnancy and have been lucky enough to have already lost that weight however i'm wanting to lose about 80lbs...and try to become much more healthier....if anyone has any suggestions or tips please feel free to let me in on them.

THanks!!!
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congratulations on your new baby! I was about 30 lbs overweight and tried pills, fad diets, everything and still didn't see the scale get any lower. then I realized the only way to accomplish my goal was to do it the hard way. I signed up with this website and keep an accurate count of everything I put in my mouth. I have been doing it now for two weeks and have lost my first four lbs. I work out at he gym one hour 3x per week and do 2 five mile hikes per week. I know there are many people out there that say they don't have the time but we just lost a friend to massive heart attack and i he was like 50 lbs overweight: I realized I couldn't afford not to take the time.

My husband and i both work full time jobs, have two young kids in school with gymnastics and soccer, etc. and have started to MAKE the time to excercise. I feel great, have more energy, and am in a better mood as well! I started with 1200 cals daily and will keep that for another two weeks, then I will go up to 1500 cals to avoid a plateau. All I can say is that the first week was the hardest for me and the second week it got easier, this week I don't feel like I am depriving myself and it is getting much easier to keep track of what I eat. I am so glad I did this, and it is free!

You should plan on loosing no more than 2 lbs per week and don't give up, you will get there!!

fai
  • nutbr
    Options
    I feel the same about exercise i've almost lost my father due to heart problems. i'm actually working on getting my entire family to turn over a new leaf!!!

Thanks,
    Bridget
  • mschwark
    Options
    Welcome! good luck on your weight loss journey here!