Hello

Options
Hello! Obviously I am new here.... Found this site looking for carbs for my grandson who is a type1 diabetic. I am a diabetic as well and since my oldest daughter and her 4 children have moved in our house I have gained 13 pounds in 6 months putting me at my highest weight ever 226 LBS. I am not a healthy person anymore. I am not a happy one either..... At least not with how I think I look.
So....
I gotta fix this. I hate my body and have no self esteem when it comes to that part of my life.... I quite frankly do not care what others think of how I look, but I do NOT like the way I look for me. I have a wonderful husband who loves me no matter what and I know that, but I want to feel like I look good on his arm when we go out or when I go do things on my own.
So in a nut shell, I am doing this for me! For my health. For my happiness. And I do pray, oh how I pray it works.
I have created a small goal for myself..... 10 pounds at a time.
Well anyhow, its great to have the opertunity to get to meet all of Y'all.
God Bless,
Beth Anne

Replies

• Kentmeme
    Options
    Good for you Beth, best to set yourself small achievable goals, it's a battle losing weight, but i need to get fit as well - so i have decided to try insanity in the hope that this works, although the exercise is tough, but hey you got do what you got do, and as long as you are happy is all that matters.

The hardest part is getting started and recognising enough is enough and you have done that - so good luck and keep going!!!!