nearly 1200 calories left what to do?

Options
2»

Replies

• schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want IF you're hungry. If not then you might just have a 0 calorie day on your hands
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lets say for a moment that the calorie counters being used are not 100% accurate. This is where you need to listen to your body. If after a few days of HUGE amounts of calorie deficit & you are feeling sluggish, you'll know to increase. Your body is your best indicator of all - it's how you process the information and what you do with it that matters.

I still say eat half them back, then wait... You'll know soon enough how much you need - but if you don't go to extremes you'll never know where your boundaries are.

Your body has the ability to suppress signals so sometimes you need to be more cognizant of what you are eating and how much. I rather know what I am eating and force myself to eat more than to fail/bonk during my workout. Also, if you are seriously training for an event, you need to be proactive rather than reactive. Waiting for your body to tell you something is wrong may come too late. Your body doesn't always indicate something is wrong until it's too late. Also, your body won't tell you if you are losing muscle during your weight loss. It' requires you to monitor body composition over time. When you train for events like she is, the more muscle you have, the stronger and better you will perform so a goal is to optimize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    ^^ What they said. EAT!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Screw the food...DRINK WHISKEY!!!!!!!!!
  • loubylou3
    Options
    lol at the whiskey! only have bacardi in might have a glass of that! :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Eat more food... no seriously eat more food. IF you start out with 1200 calories... and you burn 1200 calories you are netting zero that will not help you..
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    6-pack of beer
  • loubylou3
    Options
    have had a peanut butter sandwich and still have 920 cals left gonna go to the shop for some choccie :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat anything loaded with calories/sugar just to meet my goal. No jar of peanut butter or alcohol - I seriously believe this will do more damage than not eating anything. Avocado, fish, big salad, a steak, nuts - yes - but not more than usual. Maybe an extra treat after dinner but not one made of fat and sugar either.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Pizza and beer!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wouldn't eat anything loaded with calories/sugar just to meet my goal. No jar of peanut butter or alcohol - I seriously believe this will do more damage than not eating anything. Avocado, fish, big salad, a steak, nuts - yes - but not more than usual. Maybe an extra treat after dinner but not one made of fat and sugar either.

Whats wrong with fat or sugar? Neither will make you fat... calories do. As long as she meets or is a little under her goal, she will still lose weight.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    i have eaten 867 cals today, :)
    but have had a lot of good food today , my food diary is open for anyone to look at

Think of it this way. Your car needs 2 gallons of gas to get you to work. You put really high octane gas (really good food) in your car instead of regular (processed/junk food) gas. Unless you put 2 gallons of either gas, you will still run out of fuel before you get to work.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Like!!

Seriously though, I used to have loads of cals left in the evening so used to gorge on chocolate to meet those calories, so started to increase my breakfast especially. But now, if I still have cals left, I will actually just grab the jar of peanut butter and a spoon and have a field day! Good luck.

If not, try to eat SOMETHING calorie dense, chalk it up to an undereat day and try to make up for it tomorrow.
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I personally would eat a baked potato with margarine, broccoli, cheddar and sour cream. Lots of kosher salt and pepper too. :) that's what I'm craving right now, lol.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I concur.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    3540396915_OneCheesecakeBrownie_vi_xlarge.png
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh wait...you know what? I'd probably drink wine. A bottle of Pinot grigio is 500 calories. I'm having way too much fun spending your calories. ;)
  • loubylou3
    Options
    lol i feel great cant believe im actually trying to eat more food than less lol i really enjoyed my twix extra chocolate bar it was yummy!!!! have 540 odd cals left so am thinking this will be fine :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Eat ALL the cake and pizza!

Yes, please!

Or if the OP feels like that is a bad idea, eat something calorie and nutrition rich like avocados, nuts, peanut butter, cheese, a protein shake, full fat milk.... Gah I'm making myself hungry and I don't have 1200 calories left so I'm gonna stop lol.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Red wine and Carrot Cake followed by drunk sugar high sex :-)