Hey!

Options
That's how I feel when I go to any type of workout classes or the gym, BUT, I make it there regardless.
New girl here!! I've heard great things about this website, so I thought I'd try it out. I started my "new life" so to say on January 7th, and I'm doing okay so far. Still dedicated, much to my surprise. I set small goals for myself at first. Baby steps, right? But after reading some of the success stories from different people, all ages, sizes, etc., I've decided to make a reach goal for January 7th, 2014 - the same old Jennifer, same killer smile, 100 pounds lighter. Here's to making that happen!

Any encouragement, motivation, tips, etc. are welcomed and appreciated :)

Replies

• sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and fantastic goal!
  • Adellay
    Options
    Hi. I am really glad you set a goal. However, I think 2 pounds a week is a lot to lose. I'm definitely not trying to discourage you, but setting realistic goals is important! You are already doing great things. Kudos! How about setting some goals around health and nutrient as well. Have goals for eating more protein, or more home cooked or healthy food and drinking lots and lots of water. You could also set goals around the amount and kind of exercise YOU WANT to do. Don't listen to all those experts. Listen to your own body. Do what feels good to you...just know that you have to get in the cardio required to burn those calories. Also remember to reward yourself often. Now, if you're still determined to go for that 100 goal, then do it. Just know that 100 pounds in 52 weeks is setting the bar very high.
  • poptart2012
    poptart2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Stay positive and take it one day at a time. You can do it!
  • xoxo_Jennifer
    Options
    I've done well with the nurtition goals I've set. I've cut out soda completely and I have a protein shake to replace 1 meal everyday. My workout goal is to excercise 3 times a week and I have been doing that and trying to squeeze in extra ones.

2 lbs a week may seem like a lot, but I have a lot of weight to lose. Perhaps it is out of my reach - but I've seen a TON of other people on here lose close to that amount in a year.

Who knows, I hope I can do it.
  • Adellay
    Options
    Jennifer,
    If that's what you want, then go for it. Keep using the website and posting your progress, so you can get the encouragement you deserve.
    Keep up the good work and good luck!