3600 calorie day yesterday...

Options
And I lost 1/2 pound! Ha ha! I think I'm on to something...:laugh:

In fact, I"m wondering if I'm setting my calorie goal too low? I have been religiously tracking the last 5 days and have lost 3 pounds overall. The kicker is most days have been around 2200 calories. In fact, I don't track cooking oil so it's probably more like 2300-2500/day.

My goal is 1800 calories/day, but this seems impossible without going to bed starving. Even with eating low carb most of the time(meat, veggies, cheese, eggs) I am a hungry girl. I eat just enough so that I go to bed slightly hungry, but not starving.

I'm active, but nothing crazy. I go hiking/walking several times a week. I play soccer with my kids. I am currently at 245 lbs, 5 foot 6.

Is it possible I can eat this many calories and still lose weight? I see so many people eating 1200 or 1500 calories / day.

Before you ask, yes, I know I've lost weight already. I can't really remember what I did as it's been a while. I think I tried to stay under 2000/day.

Replies

• BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I don't think what you weigh today has much to do with what you ate yesterday to be honest. However, if you're loosing on 2200 calories, why would you change that? It seems like a decent amount of food. Are you still hungry after eating the 2200? If it's working, stay with it. If/when it doesn't work anymore, then reevaluate.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't think what you weigh today has much to do with what you ate yesterday to be honest. However, if you're loosing on 2200 calories, why would you change that? It seems like a decent amount of food. Are you still hungry after eating the 2200? If it's working, stay with it. If/when it doesn't work anymore, then reevaluate.

This... plus I see a lot more fit people eating 1700+ than I do at 1200-1500. IDK about you, but I rather be fit than skinny.