6 Month Transformation - Post RNY Gastric Bypass Success

Options
2»

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and healthy. So happy for you that you were able to get your life back.

I have a question. Just out of curiosity...how long after your surgery did you're diabetes clear up? I have a professor who swears that almost immediately after someone has gastric bypass surgery they no longer have type 2 diabetes. A friend of mine had gastric bypass surgery but didn't have diabetes. She was very close to it though she says. I know for her it wasn't easy. The recovery was hellish but she says she would do it again because it was all worth it. She was morbidly obese and was still able to shrink her skin on her stomach without having to get any removed.

I was Type 2 diabetic before my RNY surgery this past August, and my blood sugars were normal two days after surgery. It really does happen overnight. I'm sure the diet changes are part of the reason, but my endocrinologist said it was also because of hormonal changes from the surgery. Within a month I was off of all meds, including blood pressure and cholesterol.
  • jscupp1016
    jscupp1016 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't ever feel bad that you got the surgery, you know.... we all have to do this a different way and however we get there is one thing, but how we stay there is another. Great job on making a hard decision to have major surgery, and for having the guts to recover from it stronger and more determined to keep it off and tackle your health issues. I think you look amazing and that you are an inspriation for anyone that thinks they can't or that it will never happen. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and ready to run with your son and get out there and feel good about your body. :) Great job!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look great! You also look so much younger.
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
  • Christopher4WeightLoss
    Options
    Thank-you for all the support!!!! It really does mean a lot to me!!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love your success story!! My sister got it done as well, and she looks amazing! You look fantastic, too! Your face has changed and everything. :)
    No one has really expressed negative comments towards you choosing the surgery, but please don't let anyone tell you that you took the easy way out or anything. :) A lot of people don't understand.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!