Baker Cyst

Options
MargieM
MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
Anyone ever heard of one or had one? I got a call from the school nurse this morning that my daughter could possibly have one. I looked it up on WebMD and what I found is a little scary. I'm taking her to see our doctor this afternoon, but could use some advice on questions to ask and so forth. Anything you've got would be appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• MargieM
    Options
    Anyone ever heard of one or had one? I got a call from the school nurse this morning that my daughter could possibly have one. I looked it up on WebMD and what I found is a little scary. I'm taking her to see our doctor this afternoon, but could use some advice on questions to ask and so forth. Anything you've got would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it before, Margie. I hope she is going to be ok!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    They thought my sister had then when she fell off a swing and injured her knees. A fluid build up, if she indeed does have it they will have to get the fluid out because its not very good at all!
  • MargieM
    Options
    I've never heard of it before, Margie. I hope she is going to be ok!

I hadn't heard of it either. I am hoping for the best! I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks!
  • MargieM
    Options
    Whoo Hoo! Just got back from the doctor's and everything is fine. Whatever lump was there earlier is gone, so definitely not a Baker's Cyst, maybe a knotted muscle that went away. A big relief since my doc says they have to be surgically removed! So, learned something new today. If my knee hurts and there is a large fluid filled sac behind my knee, I'm in trouble. But if it goes away and no pain, not a problem! Whew!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    That's a relief Margie. I'm glad all is ok.:happy:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the good news about your daughter:happy: I have learned something new myself.