Latest Before-and-Current: 90 pounds down so far WITH PIC!

Options
tidesong
tidesong Posts: 451 Member
My new before-and-current pic. I took this last night when I realized that most of my clothes that replaced clothes that replaced clothes were starting to get too big themselves, even though the scale's been pretty steady. So I brought out the jeans that were too tight before, and the shirt that was new but too tight. Here's the result, in comparison to me at my highest weight. Somewhere between 270-280 in the 2005 shot, and 179.8 in the one done last night. Still have 30-35 more pounds to go, but I'll get there. New friends always welcome!

Oh, and? Screw the scale! :)

BampC_2005_01-22-13_zpsbb24ec83-1_zpsbd54c4d8.jpg

ETA: So many people have asked me for "tips" or "secrets". I've decided to finally write up a list. Here you go:

1. Be patient and kind to yourself. You will make mistakes. That is okay. Keep focused, and keep moving forward. More on this later
2. Find out, whether it's through MFP's calculations, or another location, what your target calorie range should be, and try your best to stick with it. And if you go over a day, don't beat yourself up. Just keep going. Keep track of EVERYTHING you eat, even if you don't think you should have eaten it. And don't go below the low end of your range. ESPECIALLY don't go below 1200. Your body needs fuel!
3. Try to replace things like refined grains with whole grains, have less sugar, eat within your macros if possible. But don't put anything off limits. Don't tell yourself, "I can't have brownies now." You CAN have a brownie. Just account for it, and adjust your numbers for the day.
4. Move! If you're sedentary, try to find an activity to get yourself moving. Even if it's as simple as a walk around the block. That's how I had to start. Then maybe after a few days, you can do two blocks. And maybe then you can add a Walk Away The Pounds aerobics video. But it really is a matter of burning more calories than you take in. If you have limited mobility, there are seated exercise resources online that will help.
5. Solidarity in numbers: Make friends with others on this journey. We all understand the ups and downs, and support is essential. Whether it's in person (friends, family, places like Overeaters Anonymous or Weight Watchers) or online (MFP, SparkPeople, etc.). Become a regular on the site of your choice. Get to know people, and encourage them on their way, and they will do the same for you.
6. Celebrate your accomplishments. Reward yourself. You deserve it. It doesn't have to be something major. I just got my ears re-pierced as a reward for my current efforts.
7. Don't punish yourself for "mistakes." We're human. Mistakes are inevitable. But that doesn't make you a bad person, or a failure. Acknowledge what has happened, make note of it, try to think about how it can be avoided in the future, and just keep focused and moving forward.
8. Trust yourself and have faith in yourself. If you keep focused, you can and will succeed!

Replies

• HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    INSPIRING!!!! COngrats you look great!!
  • rachsherm
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go!! How did you do it? Any tips? I am where you were when you began....
  • zimmera
    zimmera Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look great! Love your "screw the scale" attitude! Wish it were that simple lol!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ever the rockstar, darlin'. :heart:
  • Dianak005
    Dianak005 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great Job! So did you start loosing in 2005 or is the picture just from 2005? What things did you do to change? Very inspirational!!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Ummm....amazing!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK! Thank you for sharing!
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You look so good!
  • tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look great and very happy. Way to go!
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    Nice work! :wink:
  • tidesong
    Options
    Great Job! So did you start loosing in 2005 or is the picture just from 2005? What things did you do to change? Very inspirational!!

That was early 2005. In the summer of 2005, I started losing weight. In about a year's time, I'd lost about 40 pounds. I got hit with major medical problems that put the brakes on my efforts, but I was lucky and only gained about 5 pounds back. I re-started my journey in March of last year and am down 55 additional pounds now.

Changes were sticking to my calorie range goals, and starting to exercise for the first time in my life. And learning much about myself, and being human.
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring post -- and your tips are great. Thank you.
  • tidesong
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yeah, the tips are what keep me going. #1 and #8 are the most important...and they're also the most difficult. But perseverance will pay off!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person, younger and joyful. Congratulation to you! Wow !
  • gottalose55
    gottalose55 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing! You've done so well!
  • mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Awesome job!!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    thank you! Amazing!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    What a great list to live by when trying to lose weight. You look amazing and I love your new shirt. It's very flattering and pretty on you.
  • icanmakitto121
    Options
    you look amazin and happy!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!