Soup

Options
Okay. I don't eat it often, but it is winter here and I tend to enjoy some nice hot chicken soup....my question is--is there a way to have condensed soup ( I work two jobs and grabbing a can of soup is simply easier) without SO much sodium??? It bums me out the amount of sodium in 1 can...but its so yummy. Any thoughts/suggestions...besides making my own soup?!?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Some brands (like Health Valley) make a no salt added soup. You may just have to look around for different brands. If you have a Whole Foods near you, you may have better luck there than at a regular grocery store.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Healthy request makes microwaveable containers - convenient and less sodium!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Read labels and find a low sodium brand. You may find that the taste you love is the sodium though. Low sodium canned soups tend to be rather bland.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Healthy request makes microwaveable containers - convenient and less sodium!

This time around I actually bought Campbells Healthy Request...however its not low sodium. I guess I will have to look around for the ones that actually offer lower sodium next time.