Do you know a good Travel Agent?

Options
Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
I am a huge tennis fan seriously thinking about going to the French Open in Paris, France but I could use a travel agent. Someone who is familar with planning European trips and getting good deals.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Options
    Bump
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    My aunt... But she specializes in the Caribbean and they are really a local business. Have you looked locally?
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    free bump...

Animated-baby-sucking-thumb.gif
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    just book a flight and wing it.....The french really love us! (rolls eyes)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Look for forums that are full of people who travel. I have a few friends who use these when they're planning trips abroad. It's like MFP for visiting Europe.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    lonelyplanet.com
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    TUI group owns most of European holidays - they are also known as Thomson, TUI, First Choice etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I honestly didn't know they even had travel agents anymore. I used to travel quite a bit..much less now with an infant and toddler...but I would have to 2nd lonelyplante.com. Also Tripadvisor.com...I've used those two sites for pretty much all of my excursions, many of which have been to 3rd world destinations; France should be pretty EZ-PZ. You can also sign up to be notified of air fare discounts on Tripadvisor
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I am a huge tennis fan seriously thinking about going to the French Open in Paris, France but I could use a travel agent. Someone who is familar with planning European trips and getting good deals.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

AAA
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nope but when I went in 2010, a week before the roland garros I went to the paris country club for the Guinot-Mary Cohr masters (it's an exhibition) and saw some good matches and met a lot of the players for the top 20. Which may be something you're interested in , if you have tickets for the early rounds and want to see a bit of Paris beforehand.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I hear the eddie money travel agency is pretty good....he can get you two tickets to paradise.

eddie-money-630x424_zpsba53cefb.jpg
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    Thanks for the information!!!! I got some really good tips!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    We are going to France in July but our travel agent sucks. I found I could do a lot better with expedia.com and tripadvisor.com