Body is sore: Keeping going or heal?

Options
I had a tough workout yesterday with a personal trainer. I'm really sore, especially in my back and my abs. Should I get a run/walk in or just relax and try to heal up?

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    At least stretch and drink water. The rest is up to you.
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    My trainer says to keep working out. He said if I continue to add more protein, I shouldn't be as sore from a workout. Oh, and drink lots of water...

I worked out twice today and my whole body was killing me. I figure as long as I'm not "injured", I need to work out...
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling that pain today as well. Lots of water. Light cardio--brisk walking, or bike ride. Then back to it tomorrow if you're up to it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If it's just muscle soreness a light workout and stretching often helps loosen things up. Do something different than the workout you did yesterday.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I had a tough workout yesterday with a personal trainer. I'm really sore, especially in my back and my abs. Should I get a run/walk in or just relax and try to heal up?

I'd go for a light jog/walk the dog. that's what I did yesterday and I swear it made me feel better.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i had that same problem last week. I just did yoga,pilates slow walk, soak in epsom salt it works
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    keep moving, hydrate, advil, ice and heat :smile: