Need friends if this is gonna work out

Options
KanCrav
KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
This is my thrid time getting back to this website and thinking that I am gonna loose weight.... I am loosing hope.... I get motivated and go to the gym, then the gym slowly stops and for some reason i gain back more that I lost in like a week!~!~!>....

I need some friends to add to my profile so I can get more excited about logging onto this site. I feel like if i have to tell people that I am slacking of, then I will try harder.

I dont know if that makes any sense to anyone, but I hope I get some friends and motivation out of this!

Replies

• gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Oh it totally makes sense to me. I've been doing mfp for a couple weeks and I love the idea of having friends to be accountable to and just to talk too when things aren't going perfect. All my friends at work are super skinny, so none of them understand just what I am going through, even if they are supportive. Please add me as a friend and we can help each other out.
  • 100x2xLose
    Options
    We're definitely in the same boat. I've fallen off the horse a few times now, and I've just built up the determination to get back on and strap myself into the saddle. If there's anything I've learned, it's that this website is all about support.

How much are you aiming to lose?
  • verito
    verito Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can be your friend. I need friends too to stick everyday. I hope this time works for you! It's working for me and together we can do it!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Stay involved in the message boards, respond to updates on the My Home tab, log every day- even if you don't feel like it...once MFP becomes a part of your life, it's hard to give it up.

As for the gym- maybe you just don't enjoy the gym? Find an exercise you can stick with.
  • katiebug513
    katiebug513 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from. Like all of you, I'd also like friends -who know what I'm going through - to be accountable to.
  • lmmarsh
    lmmarsh Posts: 34
    Options
    I could use a couple myself. Although the boards are a really great tool. I joined a couple "challenges" so I have to be accountable that was as well.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Im looking to loose 35 pounds... maybe 40..lol... i lost a few pounds last month... and weighed at the gym today.... BaM... back to 170.... now i gotta start all over again... did i mention im only 5'1?... im an Ooompa Looompa
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have sent requests to most of you, I lost track of who I did and didn't ...lol

I would like more friends too, as I feel guilty if people SEE me fail, so I will be diligent! Does that make sense?

Anyone else want another friend, please add me!
  • bobblebee77
    bobblebee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm new on here and would love to make some friends too.

Last Oct I decided I wanted to lose weight. nothing happened. New year passes and I'm still in denial, no progress - but - no gain, so small success maybe. I've been trying to track my weightloss only since the start of Feb, which was really a rather lack lustre and half hearted attempt at getting fit - yet I need to lose 3 stone by July so need desperately to buckle down, even if I want to lose half of my goal! I started properly logging my calories 2 wks ago & switched to MFP last weekend as it seems very friendly & motivational! I love seeing these Tickers with the weight loss - spurs me on!

I'll add you as my friends & if anyone else is looking for friends then please feel free to add me, it would be great to be able to help motivate others & swap tips. :laugh:

~robyn
  • lisadenyer87
    Options
    completely understand what your saying could also do with some friends to encourage me ;)
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    HI there.

Saw your post and thought I would take a few seconds out to say hi and wish you all the best on your journey to healthy weight loss.

A previous post mentions about logging on every day. this really works even if it is just to see how everyone else is doing. I have actually made this site my home page on both my home pc and my work pc so it is constantly in my face.

If you need friends then I am happy for you to add me, if not then no probs.

Good luck you will get there.
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Welcome to MFP

Feel free to add me =)
  • vixey2906
    vixey2906 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hey :)
    I only started using this yesterday and want to lose about 30pounds,so Id like to be your friend too :) Im not sure how to add people though...? :) x
  • licorice_lilly
    Options
    hello everyone,

i'm new here too and very excited to find out more about this whole concept! would love to make some friends here 'cause it always helps to know you're not the only one struggling and - sometimes failing. but it's all about getting back on track, right? aiming to lose about 10 lbs. fingers crossed! i have been tracking my food for three days and always went over the calorie suggestion :blushing:

cheers,
    lilly
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hey :)
    I only started using this yesterday and want to lose about 30pounds,so Id like to be your friend too :) Im not sure how to add people though...? :) x

I'l add you to mine and you can choose to accept it (or not)
  • sdscouser
    Options
    hello everyone,

i'm new here too and very excited to find out more about this whole concept! would love to make some friends here 'cause it always helps to know you're not the only one struggling and - sometimes failing. but it's all about getting back on track, right? aiming to lose about 10 lbs. fingers crossed! i have been tracking my food for three days and always went over the calorie suggestion :blushing:

cheers,
    lilly
    add me to your list of friends if you wish
  • Vonne
    Vonne Posts: 33
    Options
    I added some of you but not sure which ones I did. I'm looking for some friends for support too. I just started MFP last week and I love it.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Completely understand. Having support from people who are going through the same thing can be very helpful. MFP is just the place to find a really good support system. Logging every day and being active on the message boards will help you stay motivated. We can all do this!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Hi all: I joined the site in late Jan or early Feb and have found that logging on every day really does help. It seems to make you accountable for your actions. Anyone who wishes to is more than welcome to add me as a friend I Hope everyone has a good day :flowerforyou:
  • xchrysalisx
    xchrysalisx Posts: 101
    Options
    Anyone that wishes to add me is more than welcome. I'm in need of some motivation myself to get back on track