Hi!

Options
Hi everyone.
My name is Heather, and I am a 23 year old college student from Mississippi.
I have been stuck between feeling okay with my body and overweight for a LONG time, and I finally decided it was time for a change. I saw that my gym had a challenge at the beginning of the year: lose between 13 - 20 pounds in two months and win a chance for tickets to cooking school! Well, I love to cook, so that was just the motivation I needed. I started last week, and so far am just one pound down from my starting weight. I came on here (apparently I joined once upon a time, who knew!) for encouragement as I try and reach my goal!

My starting weight was 160 pounds, and my ultimate goal is 125, though once I get to 140 I think I will feel like a new person!

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know how hard it is to work out/eat right/lose weight while being in college, so keep in mind that no matter how much you lose, even if it is just ounces a week, you're making huge progress!

Best of luck!
  • hbarnes89
    Options
    Thanks! I don't live on campus so luckily I don't have to fight with the cafeteria, but my family are not always the healthiest eaters :)