70lbs loss in almost a year!

Options
laineybz
laineybz Posts: 704 Member
So I started my weight loss first week of Feb 2012. Yesterday I weighed myself and I'd hit my goal, 5 stone in total.

I've always thought of myself as "the chubby kid". I'm 5"2 and got a total shock when I weighed myself in 2012. I was 193lbs!!! I've never weighed that much and I guess wasn't paying attention to what I was eating or how many calories things were. A friend told me about MFP in Feb last year so I joined and it's the best thing I've done!

I don't have many pictures of when I started it, but right click and open the below picture in new tab and the top left is in Aug 2010, top right Aug 2011, bottom left Nov 2011 and bottom right Dec 2011. Sorry if they're massive! lol

me2.jpg

I cut my calories down, watched what I ate and actually did some exercise! I haven't found it too much of a struggle and I also haven't really given anything up. Have begun eating more fruit and veg .

Losing the weight has done wonders for my confidence and I'm generally a happier person for it! Although I wouldn't say no to losing a few more pounds, if I do I think I'll start looking ill. I now weigh at 123lbs (8 stone 11). Am now more interested in toning everywhere up.

If you're just starting out, good luck! You'll be so glad you did it in the long run.

Here's a few pictures of me in Dec and over New Year :)

mehair_zps799830a6.jpg

148904_10151178643602721_1854227544_n_zps07f87fdb.jpg

537180_10151178660432721_994481434_n_zps603d9476.jpg

nyc_zps3d5fad7e.jpg

Replies

• GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look good!
  • V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow..how often did you exercise? I have the same goal to drop 70lbs & I'm also 5'2. I've been working out four to five days a week. I'm just now in my third week & I've lost 3-4lbs so far.The thing is although I've cut down & have also eliminated certain junk food completely, Im not sure if it's going to work. Did u eat the same foods like pasta, beef, eggs, cheese etc.? Also did you have the urge to workout after every meal ( like I do)? Did you?
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    You do not look good. You look amazingly good!! :O :D New inspiration for me :D:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Absolutely lovely! Great work!
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look super cute! :smooched:
  • laineybz
    Options
    Wow..how often did you exercise? I have the same goal to drop 70lbs & I'm also 5'2. I've been working out four to five days a week. I'm just now in my third week & I've lost 3-4lbs so far.The thing is although I've cut down & have also eliminated certain junk food completely, Im not sure if it's going to work. Did u eat the same foods like pasta, beef, eggs, cheese etc.? Also did you have the urge to workout after every meal ( like I do)? Did you?

I exercise/d roughly 4 or 5 times a week. But I wanted to be realistic in what I would keep up after losing the weight. I literally lost the first 2 stone or so by using my wii fit. I then bought a exercise bike and now do workout DVDs wearing a heart rate monitor to see exactly what I burn off.

I did eat the same foods as normal just less of them. I did have urges but I didn't necessary do it lol.
  • laineybz
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone :)
  • V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I exercise/d roughly 4 or 5 times a week. But I wanted to be realistic in what I would keep up after losing the weight. I literally lost the first 2 stone or so by using my wii fit. I then bought a exercise bike and now do workout DVDs wearing a heart rate monitor to see exactly what I burn off.

I did eat the same foods as normal just less of them. I did have urges but I didn't necessary do it lol.

Food was a really big issue for me. Now I know that I don't have to make frantic, dramatic dietary changes, I feel that I can be consistent with completing my goals. Thanks!????????????????
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations!
  • laineybz
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations!

Aww thank you! :)
  • laineybz
    Options

Food was a really big issue for me. Now I know that I don't have to make frantic, dramatic dietary changes, I feel that I can be consistent with completing my goals. Thanks!????????????????

You're welcome and good luck!!xx
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look great, fab job!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!!
  • sharellefit
    sharellefit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring !!!!! You look amazing!
  • laineybz
    Options
    Aww thank you :)
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!!! You look amazing! Well done!! :smile:
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    Big Change. Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!