Is this enough exercise?

Options
Ok. Here's what my workout schedule is looking like for each week. A few years ago I worked out quite a bit and lost a lot of weight but now I'm in my mid 30's and have put on 60 lbs since back then. Here's what my routine is so far:

Mondays:
30 min on ellitpcal or treadmill during lunch
Weight training for 30 min in the evening
20 min to 30 min on elliptical in the evening

Tuesdays:
30 min Body Boot Camp class during lunch

Wednesdays:
Weight training for 30 min in the evening
20 min to 30 min on elliptical in the evening

Every other Friday:

Saturday:
60 minute Zumba class

***mind you, the 14 lbs I've lost has been since last June. I was doing really good and then I kind of gave up and now I'm back.

Replies

• Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would say so. Sounds almost a bit excessive, but if you can handle the load then you're ok.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Enough for what?
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    As you've lost weight in the past, you have a good idea how to do this, although you probably need to tweak your routine because you're a bit older. What you have seems like a rigorous routine, especially if you're working at an intense level for most of the workout.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i would do an hour of weight training on MWF and your cardio on the other days.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Depends on the intensity of your workout, eg, for elliptical, if low intensity, level 1 flat, 30 mins prob burn 100 cal or less, depending how fast u do. But if u go higher level, with ups and downs, and doing it at a high speed, you can easily burn 300 cal.

And you are doing 4 workouts per weeks, you can go up to 6 workouts per week. Alternating low intensity with high intensity excises.
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Depends on the intensity of your workout, eg, for elliptical, if low intensity, level 1 flat, 30 mins prob burn 100 cal or less, depending how fast u do. But if u go higher level, with ups and downs, and doing it at a high speed, you can easily burn 300 cal.

And you are doing 4 workouts per weeks, you can go up to 6 workouts per week. Alternating low intensity with high intensity excises.

During my day elliptical i do the hills setting on level 5 and at nite i do the 20 min sprint 8 intervals. This schedule seems to work out best for me. I have two gyms i go to because the one i lift weights at i do in my home town with friends and then i have one i go to during the day at work. Im not comfortable at that one to do weights plus i have more time and fun at the night one.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Well, it's about twice as much exercise as I do. I reached my goal weight in 174 days. It's mostly about food. Exercise is for fitness. Calorie deficit is about weight loss.