Logging after Midnight?

mattysmom
mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am working a late shift tonight as a favor for a friend, It does not get over until 1am (I normally work 5am-1pm). My question is, when I get home and have a few drinks and something to eat (I cannot eat on the floor for this shift) Should I log is as today or tomorrow? I won't be home and eating till around 2am. Any suggestions from night shift regulars would be appreciated.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I love everything before going to sleep on that day even if it's after midnight.
  • dougspot
    dougspot Posts: 12
    I keep my logged foods for the day they're eaten in. It'll look odd, the day prior may be short and the day they're logged in will be high, but they balance is there. By all means log everything! Just don't worry too much about a given day but the general trend over time.
    I know that my Monday & Thursday look bad, but Monday is guys night out and Thursday is family going out-to-dinner night. If you watch closely though it evens out. This should'nt be confused with bingeing, where you stuff one day and fast the next day, that's bad for you in the long run.
    Keep working at it!
    D
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    As long as you are consistant and don't go over your daily calories, it's up to you!
  • daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    I work a steady midnight shift and have been logging my food from midnight to midnight. It seems to be working for me as I have lost 20 pounds since the start of the year. I do agree that my diary looks funny but most days I am under my goal.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Agreed with a post or two above... it really doesn't matter.

It's not the calories at the end of the day that make or break you. It's the longer term trend... as in the calorie balance at the end of the week, month and year.
This discussion has been closed.