Too fat for graduation robes - help :(

2»

Replies

• CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Sorry Hun didn't realize it was on Monday ... My apologies

-- Okay other alternatives;
    - Do a Juice Fast (all fruits and veggies) till then ... You'll def lose inches
    - Get Spanx
    - Alteration
    - Body Wrap
  • Creat your own seems just under the arm pit. but first Take the gown to a craft shop and ask them to help you match the material and cut along the seems on both sides and add the material needed. If you need to add 6" then add 3" to each side. This will keep the zipper in the middle in the front. You can even add a little more than needed so you can sit comfortable and walk with pride down as you get your Degree. Congratualtions !!! :smile:
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Creat your own seems just under the arm pit. but first Take the gown to a craft shop and ask them to help you match the material and cut along the seems on both sides and add the material needed. If you need to add 6" then add 3" to each side. This will keep the zipper in the middle in the front. You can even add a little more than needed so you can sit comfortable and walk with pride down as you get your Degree. Congratualtions !!! :smile:

This. Take it to a sewing store and ask them to match the material. Then find out if there are any seamstresses who work there (or that they can recommend) who can cut a seam along the sides and add the fabric. It is, seriously, a one-hour job, if that. I could probably do it in 20 minutes.
  • Thanks guys, you're all awesome! Some great advice here!!

Here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going on a hunt tomorrow to see if I can find the same or similar material, then there's a seamstress in my town that I'm going to take it to. I'm also going to change what I eat between now and Monday to maybe lose a few pounds, and drink more water to get rid of any excess water weight.

Thank you all for your great advice, it really helped me to calm down and look at my options :) You're all awesome!
  • It's Great that there is a seamstress right in town. Happy hunting and Congrats on your graduation!!! Never stop smiling!!!:happy: