Not new, just back...

Options
Help me, MFP!

I joined MFP in November of 2011 and lost 35 pounds. Over Spring Break last year, I was involved in a motorcycle accident, for which I was hospitalized and required reconstructive surgery. During my recovery, I was not allowed to exercise (doctor's orders), and it became so easy to slip back into old habits. I gained back the 35 pounds I had lost...and then some. So now I'm back to MFP with renewed committment.

The problem? About half of my friends dropped me because of my long absence (around 9 months) from MFP. I'm down to about 50 friends and I'd like to keep around 80-90 (no more than 100). Here's why you should add me:

1. I am really funny, and will keep you very much entertained. (I am very sarcastic, so if that's up your alley, let's dance.)
2. I recently deleted my Facebook account in an effort to reduce unnecessary distractions in my life. So all the funny stuff I would normally post to my Facebook ends up here.
3. I have just started New Rules (a weight-lifing program which I am in love with) and I am re-starting C25K.

Let's be friends!

Replies

• DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better after your accident. Feel free to add me if you like :happy:
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cjdippo15
    Options
    I took an absence too but never really was on the website much. I track mostly everything on my phone. But I really feel motivated when talking with others that have the same goals and I swear I watch "transformation videos" on youtube all the time!! It gives me the boost I need!

But I'd like to get on here more often!!

How much are you looking to lose this time around?
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    A bunch! I was at 202 right before my accident. I'd like to be in the 130's or 140's, but I would be so happy in the 150's. I haven't been that light since high school!
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So sorry about your accident, but glad you want to rejoin MFP! Feel free to add me :) I'm on here daily and lve to motivate/get motivated!
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am new on here, and could definately use a friend or few! Could use the motivation and encouragement! Feel free to add me!! I share your sarcasm...lol. Good luck:smile:
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    Yay! FRs sent to you both!
  • lecacoates
    lecacoates Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back. I just joined and after one week of counting calories and excercising, I am pretty sure I am either having the worlds longest heart attack or am just old, fat and out of shape.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    feel free to check out my profile and add me if you like. Best of luck to you. Now go kick some *kitten* :)
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Accepting you now!
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes about 2 years ago and am trying to get back into it again now. I was 215, got down to 145, then got Prego..looking to get back to being active and healthy, for real! Glad you are recovered and still have good spirits! Bring on the funny! :D
  • luckycharm1965
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your accident...glad you found happiness! Feel free to add me as your friend :smile:
  • shellyc7182
    Options
    Thanks for the MFP love! I have added all of you!
  • StickingWithIt2015
    StickingWithIt2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can relate to taking time off to get back your health. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in June 2012 and just finished cemo and radiation. I've finally got my energy back and ready to lose the 10 lbs I gained while in treatment. I am almost back to where I was in June and ready to continue to my ultimate goal (at this time) of 180. I'm currently at 303....so I'm always looking for MFP friends to help keep me motivated and to help keep them motivated.
  • projectkristy
    projectkristy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have also just returned after a long absence and noticed that I lost a lot of my friends. I'm back and am ready to reach my goal. Feel free to add me!
  • Kaytee233
    Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I was away from MFP for awhile too and lost half my friends list. I've recently started getting back in the swing of things and looking for new friends. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I like funny, sarcastic people! :laugh:
  • DanaeMonique
    DanaeMonique Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly! I added you yesterday! Welcome Back! and funny thing too, I deactivated me fb for a while too! Let's get this weight loss going!
  • karlakk
    karlakk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, anyone sarcastic needs to be a friend of mine:happy: Feel free to add me! Lost 20 lbs for my wedding then I guess I enjoyed life too much cuz it's back :( I'm crawling back on the wagon.