Howdy

Options
Been using the website awhile, like a couple years on and off, but never ventured into the community side. This is the first time I think I am really taking this seriously. In the past, I just ate then recorded. Then got discouraged when I saw the result. Now I plan and enter the foods before I eat it. I even use it if I'm going out. Checking on calories and fat before I decide what to eat; even before I get there.

I'm a 43 mother of nine (birthed four; adopted five). Used to be too skinny but my weight has been creeping up and up each year. The increase has been gaining momentum lately. It took five years to go up a pants size, then a couple years for the next, then it was only six month. I want to lose 40 pounds to get to 135 lbs. which is healthy for my height but I'd be happy at 140.

This is the first time I think I am really taking this seriously. In the past, I just ate then recorded. Then got discouraged when I saw the result. Now I plan and enter the foods before I eat it. I even use it if I'm going out. Checking on calories and fat before I decide what to eat; even before I get there.

I don't want this to be a diet. I want this to be how I live, but I'm finding I have to give up all carbs and sugars to meet my calorie count for the day. I don't see doing that all my life.

I haven't added exercise yet. I've never been physically active in anyway. I'm sure that will make a difference but I'll have to wait to see. I want to tackle one change at a time. Not overwhelm myself with too many changes and give up.

I feel like my diet is so much healthier anyway. I've always loved veggies just opted for the quick carb fix. Now I focus on veggies first and most often skip carbs altogether. (with a little protein added in each meal.)

Anyway that is me and my struggles.

Nice to meet you all.