I have a "strange" goal.......

Options
but I am hoping that it helps me bust through plateaus.

So, soon, I have this goal I want to hit for ONE DAY a month.... I know that we are supposed to eat back our exercise calories, but here is my goal... I start the day with 1840 calories to eat. I want to do so much exercise that at the end of the day I will still have 1840 calories - or more - remaining when I close my day out..

I plan to start this in February.

Replies

• BranDiesel_27
    Options
    Are you saying you need to consume 3680 calories a day but your gonna have a deficit of 1840 when you go to bed or are you saying your gonna eat 1840 calories for breakfast and expect that your body burns all of it throughout the day?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Your plan seems more like a plateau causer than a plateau buster
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

Seconded.
    Lmao. Stop, Dave, my sides hurt from laughing.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    So one day you plan to burn 1840 in exercise. That's a heck of a burn - how are you planning to do that?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have goals. However some goals are not achievable, nor should they be.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty easy goal to achieve.
    It's about 4 hours of cycling plus eating 1000 calories of exercise back on top of your full daily allowance.

In the summer, I could do this 2-3 times a month. Of course, it requires a bit of recovery the next day. And it's a great way to reduce your muscle, if you are not careful - those long long burns with under feeding are going to result in the body needing to get energy from all metabolic energy systems - your body will suffer if you remain underfed.

It's better to just maintain a reasonable deficit.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Well, I wasn't asking for approval, LOL
    It can't cause a plateau if I am already in one, and I am. And when I get in plateaus they can easily last a month, so this is my plan.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I third this...try as you might, I don't think you are going to sustain or meet your goal, but good luck anyway!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It can't cause a plateau if I am already in one, and I am. And when I get in plateaus they can easily last a month, so this is my plan.

Then why did you bother posting? If you read the information posted here and elsewhere you would already know that this is not a good idea and you would not have gotten into a plateau in the first place..but whatever floats your boat. Enjoy your 'success'.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I really don't understand the meaning of this thread

Also...how long have you been in this 'plateau'? A plateau generally is a month or more
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Do you think you're in a "plateau" because you're a male with 90-odd lb to lose and you've set your deficit too high? Typical male needs 2500 calories, this is a male of average weight, more calories are needed for overweight/obese men.
    Why not read http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 and see if you're set up right before you try and net too low?
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know how one day of intense excerise per month could cause a plateau?

I'm not being snappy, I genuinally want to know - I'm pretty new to the site.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If your plateau's normally last about a month, have you tried taking measurements? For me when the scale isn't moving, the inches are normally coming off. I'd much rather see less inches, and not worry about what the scale tells me.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think your goal is very much do-able. But if you really want to bust through a plateau, i think you are better off "changing your routine". I change my workouts every 3 months and make sure I have a very diverse diet. Though I still have alot of weight to loose I never seem to plateau more than a week or so.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know how one day of intense excerise per month could cause a plateau?

Ditto !
    I'm guessing people haven't read the OP properly.
    Otherwise all those people that do a long distance cycle or half marathon are going to be hitting a plateau.....
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'll see if I can get you a job shearing in the summer....
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This is not a "strange" goal but seems just good and proper strange. Each to their own.