walking

Options
I love to walk but the recent temperatures are making it hard to do below zero.

Replies

• Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Amen to that . it's hard to breathe its so cold .
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    AGREE! Way too cold to walk outside. I just bought a couple of Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVDs!
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    THIS. I agree = / It sucks not being able to go for an enjoyable walk. Can't wait for the spring and summer.
  • lolliedoll
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I am in Australia and the weather gets quite hot this time of year.. I do my cycling early in the morning and my walks later in the day to avoid the heat.. I also have a spin bike in my lounge room.. I am commited to this!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Today I took my dog out for a walk it was around 10 degrees. I figured he would just be really quick but I put on warm boots a hat and gloves anyhow. Well this dog (who weights 6 pounds) wanted to walk and walk and walk. I figured I would go with it since I was sitting most of the day. We walked .8 miles and it felt great to get home but then I went out and did it again a few hours later....If I didn't have the dog and walked more vigorously I think I could have done a 40 minute walk with minimal discomfort. It actually felt great to move around and the cold was really invigorating. Sometimes the idea of the cold is worse than the reality.

I'm planning to run 4 miles Thursday and after the walks today I decided to go for it and do it in the cold-I do have a face mask I will probably wear for the run though....It doesn't hurt to TRY the walk in the cold-if it's a bad idea:huh::grumble: :noway: :explode: :angry: :mad: just come home!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: it is cold here also at 17 degrees & wind chill factor around 7 degrees. almost impossible to do much walking or running.