Calories burned w insanity??

Options
Hi everyone :) I've been doing the insanity workout for about a week and was wondering does anybody know how many calories u burn during it?? Or where to find out ? I don't have a hrm yet so I'm just looking for a rough estimate. THanks :)

Replies

• nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just started as well and using my HRM said I burned 580 calories the Plyo Circuit and 500 doing the Cardo Power and Resistance - These may or many not be similar to your burns based on your weight, how much rest you took, etc...
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, I burn between 250 and 310 (130 cal for cardio recovery). I'm on day 9.
  • semi75
    semi75 Posts: 7
    Options
    A lot of it depends on your weight and average heart rate during the program. For your rough estimate numbers per the hr monitor I burn 540-580 on the plyo circuit, 490-540 on the pure cardio, and in the 500-530 range on cardio power circuit. On the recovery day I've been in the 190-210 range. I finished week three today, but will likely stretch month one into 5 weeks before moving to month two. Plyo days are my worst, I'm wasted after the first set of ski abs.
  • eltontoborracho
    eltontoborracho Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Last year I did Insanity. This year I have moved on to his new program, Asylum. It's pretty much the same thing, but with more equipment and more sports based. Throughout the workout, my HR goes from a nice 150 to 180 while doing those stupid power jumps. So roughtly, it's pretty much 250 cal-450. If I were you, I would get a HRM. There's some pretty adequate ones out there for a decent amount of money. It's helpful to see when you really should push the intensity on a little more. Oh, Shaun T...
  • DALILAMB
    DALILAMB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal should put workout programs such as these as an option, so we don't have to calculate it ourselves or guess!
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You really need a HRM because I would not go off MFP. It always says you burn more. It will depend on how much intensity did you put in. You may think you are working out hard and you really are not.

I have a support group on FB if you like to join at https://www.facebook.com/groups/208245232614146
  • katieransome
    Options
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/tools/calculators

I use this website.....each of the Insanity workouts are in there. :)
  • stylybritty
    Options
    Thanks so much :)